View Single Post
Old 02-09-2004, 09:50 AM   #409
Poli
FOFC Survivor

This time we're afforded some time on the sideline; Georgia actually goes 3 plays and out, and is forced to punt. Brewster goes back for the return, and fields the ball at the UT 43. His 4 yard return puts us at our own 47 yard line; 5:08 left on the clock.

Play action to TE Kolodzik works well; he gains 14 yards. We drop back looking deep for Castleberry on the next play, and it's complete down the sideline! A flag was thrown, however, and it's a holding call against us. The spot foul makes it 1st and 23 back on our own 48 yard line. The worst part is Castleberry is favoring his right knee after the hit he took and is going to the sideline.

Another pass call, and we're hoping to gain back some of the yardage we lost on the holding call. I'm dropped for a sack, however, by two defensive linemen from my blind side. Make it 2nd and 29.

Coach Fulmer is disgusted with our line's play and calls for two straight traps up the middle. Brewster gains 8 yards on the plays combined, and it sets up a 4th and 21 at the 50 yard line.

I don't even look. I know the punt team is coming out. I feel sorry for our offensive line when they get to the sideline.

P Daniel Wheeler drops a 39 yard punt down to the 11 yard line, where a Bulldog signals fair catch.

2:40 left in the 1st; Tennessee 17, Georgia 0.