View Single Post
Old 02-07-2004, 10:34 PM   #191
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabanci
If you're suggesting I made a mistake, you need to work on your reading comprehension, because you got it all wrong.

edit - to clarify, as I read your posts you are suggesting that I said the Taleban were in power in December 2002 and/or they were harboring terrorists at that time. Of course, if you look at what I wrote I said the Taleban were harboring terrorists when they were invited to Texas in 1997, which is correct and well documented whether you knew about it or not.

Okay Yabanci, you got me, I did not know a US Oil Company was talking with the Taliban back in 1997, but I'll take your word on it. I will also get on the phone and ask President Clinton why we were dealing with the Taliban back in '97. I am pretty sure Clinton didn't quite know what the Taliban were all about in '97 other than "just another extreme Islamic fundamental group". As for the terrorist that were being harboured, was Bin Laden even in Afghanistan in '97 or was he still running around Somalia and other parts of that region then? Can't remember. What was Clinton's policy on Afghanistan other than not recognizing the Government (an international viewpoint)?

But the bottom line remains, is building up the infrastructure of Afghanistan with US companies making a profit really that evil? Are there other oil companies out there that do this kind of work for free? I guess I just don't get the connection between US companies overseas and George Bush as evil, but any connections between US companies overseas and say....Bill Clinton as good.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote