View Single Post
Old 02-07-2004, 01:52 PM   #170
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine
Well, this is a very ironic statement, given our stance of turning a blind eye to brutal authoritarian regimes that don't happen to have large amounts of oil.

Did I say I agree with the Bush's administrations foreign policy? I agreed with regard to Iraq but personally, I think we should go farther than we have in certain places. Regardless, Iraq was a step in the right direction.

Quote:
If we were truly interested in doing the right thing in Iraq, rather than settling a score from the President's father's administration, I would be more accepting of this argument. Where is the President's cry to "do the right thing" in Pakistan, a nation ruled by a military dictator who overthrew the democratically elected government, and which we now know has been selling nuclear technology to anyone who is interested? Seems to me they're looking pretty similar to the imaginary nation whose aggressive WMD programs and desire to spread such technology around had the word Iraq painted over it by the administrations spin doctors in the leadup to the war.

Considering I supported the war in Iraq for the humanitarian reasons and not the WMD angle, I don't see how that is relevant. I can't recall hearing about any children's prisons or genocide committed by Musharraf. This doesn't mean I support him, but there are much worse dictators and governments I think we should deal with first.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote