View Single Post
Old 02-06-2004, 11:28 PM   #152
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
First of all, if you think for one second that the French, Germans, Russians, and their vocal supporters in North Korea, China, and Cuba were all for invading Iraq on humanitarian reasons, you have been S-P-U-N. Badly.

Where did I ever say they'd go to war? I said they'd be less adamant and vocal. I do wish you would read my posts.

Quote:
Secondly, while the USA is under credible threat of WMD attack, Germany, France and Russia were and are not.

From Iraq? No one was under credible threat of WMD attack from them. Have we found any yet?

Quote:
The picture that is being painted is that they opposed the USA because President Bush is a "meanie"?

The diplomatic world is a close-knit one with definite rules. Bush II did not follow them, while his father definetly did. That was the main difference between the two US-Iraq wars. Even the USSR did not veto the action in 1991... THAT is some diplomacy.

Quote:
Iraq was a threat to the USA.

How?

Quote:
We obeyed their demands and went to the UN.

Only because Powell MADE Bush go. And the rest of the world knew it. They knew that Bush was only going because his SecState said he had to and had no intention of giving a damn what the UN said.

Quote:
Saddam Hussein killed tens of thousands of people, perhaps hundreds of thousands, and more if you include those who died in the Iran-Iraq war and the Kurdish revolutions. And how many people protested for the world to do something about that? Who are these people who care only about who's doing the killing and not who's being killed?

How many people are protesting (and going into) even worse humanitarian cases? Where are US troops in Burma, where were we when Rwanda was going on, why did we wait so long to enter Liberia? They were protesting because the way Bush totally bungled the justification, it looked like naked aggression.

He NEVER stressed the humanitarian reason for war. He stressed WMD... which aren't there. Oops.