View Single Post
Old 02-06-2004, 10:08 AM   #380
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Despite the taped ankle, Everett goes out on the kick return team and fields the ball. He also provides us with perhaps the best return we've had all season. The ball rests on the UT 35 yard line after a nice 37 yard return.

We send Brewster up the middle for 6, and then we call option right. Everyone ignores me and the fullback fake and I spin around and follow the fullback up the middle. I gain 4 on the play and a 1st down.

Ball on the UT45, and Brewster goes over right guard for a nice gain of 9 yards. You can do a lot of cute things on 2nd & 1, and we try an option reverse with WR Castleberry, it doesn't work, and we even lose 2 yards on the play.

3rd & 3. Brewster in motion. Slant pass over the middle. Brewster makes the catch and is hammered down. He got the first down, though! Ball now on the Alabama 39 yard line.

Brewster plunges up the middle for a yard. On 2nd down, we try a counter to the left side. It opens up beautifully, and Brewster sprints for a 16 yard gain. Ball on the Alabama 22. First down.

Brewster runs a trap up the middle, but it gains just a yard. We throw a quick hitch to Everett who gain 9 and a first down to the Bama 12 yard line.

Alabama jumps offside to give us a 1st & 5 at the Bama 7, and we dive up the middle for 2 more with Brewster. 2nd down, and Brewster hits left tackle for 4 and a first down.

1 yard away from the endzone, and Alabama calls time out.

We come back from the time out, with a roll out that I fail to complete, but a holding call is accepted by the Tide, pushing us back to the 11 yard line.

1st down, and Mason in the ball game. He goes in motion and gains 9 on a quick slant across the middle. 2nd and goal on the 2. Time out, Alabama. I look to the clock. 2:02 left in the ball game.

Brewster comes back in. Brewster dives up the middle, but comes up a yard short. Time out, Alabama. 1:53 left on the clock.

Pitch left on 3rd down. Brewster stiff arms one defender and another grabs hold of him and drops him as he crosses the goalline on a pitch left.

TOUCHDOWN, TENNESSEE!!

We're going for 2, hoping to make it a 2 touchdown game. The call is for another pitch, this time to the right. The defense reacts well, this time, however, and we don't get the 2 point conversion.

1:43 left in the game; Tennessee 19, Alabama 7.