View Single Post
Old 02-06-2004, 09:29 AM   #375
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I begin to worry as I see Alabama drive downfield. Have they finally figured out our defense? They're moving the ball well, using both the run and pass. Finally, safety Melvin Briggs makes a big play with an interception at the UT26. His 11 yard return gives us the ball at the UT 37 yard line.

First down, Tennessee! 7:44 left in the 3rd quarter.

Brewster finds a hole up the middle on the first play and gains 11. Option left isn't as successful; he stopped near the sideline for a yard loss. Time to go to the pass, and I send Brewster in motion. Brewster's open underneath on an out route, and I get the ball there. He turns upfield for a gain of 10, one yard shy of the first down.

3rd & 1, ball on the Alabama 43. Mason comes in the game, and we'll go option left. Mason finds a soft spot and spins through a tackle. He's finally brought down after a gain of 8. First down, Tennessee!

Brewster back in and we try the left side twice. First off left guard for a yard, and then off tackle for 7. 3rd and 2 at the Alabama 27 yard line, and in comes Everett, with a bunch of tape on his left ankle.

It'll be a reverse to Everett with the receiver trying to go up the right sideline. We run the play, and Everett is stopped after a gain of 1. 4th and 1, and we look to the sideline.

Coach wants points; he sends in the kicking team. Alston adds 3 with a 43 yard field goal.

3:06 left in the 3rd quarter; Tennessee 13, Alabama 0.