View Single Post
Old 02-05-2004, 08:49 PM   #101
WussGawd
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Afoci
And all the polls are dealing with only the democratic message out there. I feel that once Bush starts running his ads, things will come back his way. Especially since he is only at 50/50 or so when he isn't saying anything...

Actually, he's trailing 53-46 to a hypothetical Kerry candidacy according to the recent McPaper, er, USA Today poll. To put that in historical terms, there have only been 2 Presidents trail that miuch in such a poll to a would-be nominee in February...Truman, in 1948, came back and won against Dewey, while the most recent case, Ford, in 1976, lost to Carter.

What makes you think Dubya isn't "saying anything"? Or do you think it is just a coincidence he just happened to schedule what amount to stump speeches at taxpayer expense in New Hampshire and South Carolina two days after the Democratic primaries in those states?

Still, Until we have a Democratic nominee in place, and a VP candidate in place, any such poll has a big red asterisk next to it labeled 'hypothetical.'
WussGawd is offline   Reply With Quote