View Single Post
Old 02-05-2004, 06:28 PM   #368
Poli
FOFC Survivor

We switch sides with our slim lead and start off the 2nd quarter in grand fashion: Holding. Our 3rd penalty of the day and it cost us a 1st down.

3rd and 13, and back on our 33 yard line, and I hit Brewster underneath the coverage in the flat. Brewster flashes his moves, and makes 3 players miss. He finally goes down, with a gain of 18.

1st and 10 at the Bama 49!

Pitch right is the next call, and the Bama defense appears to be weakening. We gain 12 with Brewster down the sideline! We pitch right on the next play, but he gains just 2 yards. A screen pass to Mason is tipped away, creating a 3rd and 8 at the Tide 35. The call is for a sneaky draw for Brewster, but Alabama did not underestimate our sneakiness. Brewster is stopped for a yard.

We're in the gray area. Will we go for it or kick it? I look to the sideline and in comes Castleberry. We're going for it.

Castleberry split left; Brewster goes in motion. Brewster heads for the 1st down marker at the snap and turns around as he gets past the marker. I hit him and he turns around to gain 2 more yards after the catch.

First down, Tennessee! Ball on the Bama 24.

Option left, and the DE crashes on me. A pitch to Brewster is in order and he gains 11 . We flip the play and that DE crashes as well. Another pitch, this time Brewster gains 9.

2nd and 1 at the 4. Brewster drives upfield behind the left guard for 3 and the 1st down.

The next play it pitch right, and Brewster sprints to the corner of the endzone before anyone on the Crimson Tide defense can reach him.

TOUCHDOWN, TENNESSEE!!

Alston adds the extra point, and we have a 10 point lead!

10:03 left in the half; Tenn 10, Bama 0.