View Single Post
Old 02-05-2004, 05:52 PM   #365
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Alabama completes a 30 yard pass on the first play after the turnover, but can't move the ball afterward. A 5 yard penalty forces a punt from the 50, which travels 40 yards. Brewster took the punt and returned it 7 yards, but comes off the field limping a bit.

No Brewster? No problem. That's what I tell myself as we head onto the field.

Our offensive line gets jumpy on the first play, and we're penalized for false start.

Our first real play is a pass designed for Everett, and I overthrow him. I overthrow the next pass, intended for Mason, as well. 3rd and 10, and we go over the top again. Everett comes up with the jump ball and makes 8 yards after the catch, for a total of 30 yards and the first down at the UT 42 yard line.

A pass to Mason again, but this time it is tipped away. Now I look to TE Thomas Kolodzik but the pass is knocked down by a lineman. 3rd and 10 again, and this time I hit Mason in the flat. It's only good for 6, though.

4th and 4 from the 48...and in comes punter Daniel Wheeler. He drops a punt inside the 20, barely. The 34 yarder is fielded at the Alabama 18 and returned 2 yards to the 20.

3:32 left in the 1st quarter; Tennessee 3, Alabama 0.