View Single Post
Old 02-03-2004, 12:20 PM   #424
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs
That's the problem. They have guys who can fight. Shane Hnidy can fight. But he got his ass kicked by Domi on Saturday. Chris Neil can fight. But when trouble broke out in the third, he was nowhere to be found (even though he was on the ice).

It's clear that the Leafs, among other teams, don't respect the Sens in the toughness department. This is a case where perception is reality. Nolan ran Spezza, and nobody did anything. McCabe bloodied Hossa, and nobody did anything. Martin put Hnidy and Neil on the ice at the end of the game on Saturday to stop Domi and Perrot from causing trouble, and they went ahead and did it anyways. It was as if Neil wasn't even there.

They have minor league goons they could bring up. What would that solve? One more guy to be a punching bag for the Leafs? They need a top heavyweight, and they need one now.

That they may need, but for a first rounder? How much did Bashear go for a few years ago? A semi-skilled guy, if I recall. Hlavac or someone like that? I dunno.

A Scott Parker type would come cheaper and still get the job done, I reckon.
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote