View Single Post
Old 02-02-2004, 11:50 PM   #324
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Alston's kickoff is perhaps his shortest of the season, and it is caught at the 6 yard line. The returner is finally dropped at the 28 yard line by senior corner back Mark Braun, and the ball squirts loose!

Fummmmmmmmmble!

RB Aaron Greene, who I ironically mini profiled earlier scoops the ball up and looks to the endzone. He takes off in hopes of scoring, but is tripped up at the Vanderbilt 22 yard line.

1st and 10 at the Vandy 22. 3 minutes left in the half.

We go right back to where we left off. Brewster up the middle. He gains 4 on 1st down, and is stopped for no gain on 2nd. 3rd and 6 and we run a pro slot set with both Castleberry and Everett on the same side. We send Brewster in motion to their side, and we run our bunch concept off of it.

Brewster frees himself of his defender near the 8 yard line, and I sling the ball over to him. He makes the catch but is dropped at the 7. 1st and goal.

Brewster goes up the middle again, this time for a yard. Another time, this time for 3. 3rd and goal at the 4. We need a big play here. We get it...as Brewster scores over left guard. Thank you, LT Sammie Lochner!

TOUCHDOWN, TENNESSEE!!

Alston adds the XP, and UT is rolling now. Hopefully, it will be a short day for me.

52 seconds left in the half; Tennessee 24, Vanderbilt 0.