View Single Post
Old 01-31-2004, 10:27 PM   #115
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quick Reminder

If you are either "in transit" or on the waiting list, let me know if you either want to:

1. refuse to take the role of a low bravery agent (10 to 20 bravery). If you say no, you get put at the top of the waiting list, and the first person on the waiting list that has selected "opting up" gets to take your guy. The default is "Yes, low bravey is ok. I will take whatever stats I get".

2. like to opt up to take low bravery agents that someone passes on. This will get you in the game faster, but give you an agent that has low bravery. The default is "No, I don't want to be a wimp."
_____

Barkeep: Well done! Good humor! We'll get you right on the list!

In case people missed it, here's a description on the two guard duty bases from the last thread...

For those of your unfamiliar with our bases, SAM COM is located under verdant swamps in the jungles of northern Argentina, only 35 miles from the village of Los Blancos (video store opening in 2005!) and a mere 700 miles (about 17 days travel by swamp rider) from the wild nightlife of Beunos Aires! We've stuffed this base with all kinds of things to help you pass away the hours: a deck of cards (jokers included!), Chess Digest (June 2003 issue!), and a blazing fast Macintosh SE computer (software coming soon!) are sure to keep you entertained for hours and hours! Enjoy your stay! One of the nice things about this base is that the malaria risk is signficantly lower than that of...

...our AFRICA COM base, which is under a swamp in a jungle in western Zaire. This base is located 50 miles from the town of Bifale (pop. 59!) and a quick 1300 miles (about 23 days by elephant, camel, and rickety bus) from the nearest MacDonalds in Cairo, Egypt. Our AFRICA COM has all the amenities that you've come to expect at our X-COM bases: a working radio, Teletubbie videos (we'll try to get a tv/vcr down there soon!), and a checker board (with all pieces!). We're sure these things will keep you happy for days!

Be sure to enjoy your stay, and just remember, you guys have it good compared to the next guys that sign up. That's right, coming soon to an X-COM agency near you: ANT COM. That's Antarctica COM, for those of you wondering if it had anything to do with little insects.

Lastly...

Update
Mission 81 will go up Sunday night as scheduled.
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote