View Single Post
Old 01-31-2004, 09:53 PM   #114
Barkeep49
Coordinator

"So yeah long story short apparently the Commander forgot to let people vote for X-Com..."

"What an ass..." *takes a drag from his cigeratte "I think he deserves another of his medals for that one."

"Rumor has it that the medal board is looking at it."

"Good. To be administering the damn awards for best Earth Organization--"

"--And not even allow his own organization--"

"--To get votes."

"F'ING PATHETIC."

*The sound of bells jingling to signify the door opening is drowned out by the curse.*

"F'ing pathetic indeed."

"Typical of command though."

"Very typical of our stupid command. The only reason I'm glad I'm at this damn desk job instead of Africa." *takes another long drag from his cigeratte*

"HA HA! To think we're signing up saps to go to AFRICA!"

"And there's a waiting list on top of it!"

"People just can't wait to get maleria!"

*Both of the men laugh. The guy with the cigerette takes a long drag from his cigerette and for the first time notices the guy standing by the door.*

*under his breath*"Shit" *out loud* "Welcome to X-COM recruiting! How can I help you?"

"Um... well... um... my name is Barkeep49 and I was thinking of maybe enlisting, but well... um... I heard you talking and... um... well..."

"Africa? Of course we were talking about the excotic land of Africa. Have you ever seen live elephants or lions" *the recruit shakes his head* "No? Well now's your chance bub. Just sign here" *shoves a pen and recruiting contract in front of the recruit.*

"Well I guess so..." *Barkeep49 signs on the dotted line.*

-------------
Decided to sit down and spend working reading what the big deal was about this getting left off the Golden Scribes ballot and now I see what an excellent dynasty this is and thought that I should join up. Sounds like things are wrapping down, but maybe I'll still get a mission or two in before the end.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote