View Single Post
Old 01-31-2004, 08:57 AM   #284
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Billmaier takes the extremely high and short kickoff at the 17 yard line and gets 20 on the return, despite the swarm of tacklers around him.

1st and 10 at the UT37.

We're whistled for false start before we can get the ball snapped, and when we get the ball snapped on 1st and 15, we're whistled for ineligible man downfield on our play action pass. 1st and 20 at the UT27.

We motion Brewster out and try to feed him the ball on an out pattern, but the ball it tipped away. We come out with a similar play on 2nd down, but this time hit Kolodzik as he crosses the field into the space vacated by the safety. He gains 28 yards with the reception, and a first down at the Ole Miss 45.

Another option left; and again the Ole Miss defense is all over us. Brewster is dropped for a yard loss. Ole Miss jumps offside before the next play. Funny thing was I wasn't trying to get them to do so. We come back out with option right, and we finally get everyone blocked just right. The OLB crashes onto me, the pitch to Brewster and absence of linebackers gives him free reign for 18 yards to the Ole Miss 12.

We motion Brewster out again, this time to give us a flanker look. The space created as the defense stretched gave me enough space to hit Kolodzik over the middle for a touchdown!

TOUCHDOWN, TENNESSEE!

Alston adds the extra point, and Rocky Top is heard once again.

3:11 left in the 3rd; Tennessee 17, Ole Miss 7.