View Single Post
Old 01-31-2004, 08:41 AM   #282
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Ole Miss gets the ball to start the half, but the Rebels are forced to punt quickly. The punt rolls out of bounds at the UT 41 yard line.

1st and 10, UT; 13:20 left in the 3rd.

We start the drive with a quick slant to Everett, but I end up overthrowing the ball. Brewster gains 8 on a toss, but the play is called back for holding. 2nd and 20; I find Kolodzik open via play action who turns the short reception into a 13 yard gain and a much more manageable 3rd and 7. We return to play action, sending Brewster off tackle. I spin around quickly and throw to FB Prescott, who went to the flat. He makes the catch, but is spilled 3 yards shy of the first down marker...4th and 3 at the UT44.

I start to turn to the sideline when I'm told to get back to the huddle; we're going for it.

Someone tell Coach to quit doing this.

4th and 3; we send Brewster in motion. This time the pass is to Everett on a 5 yard out route. He breaks the arm tackle of the corner and gains 16 on the play.

First down, Tennessee, at the Ole Miss 36.

Brewster nets 5 up the middle, but a flag comes in. Brewster is victimized again of a good gain on a holding call, sending us back to the 46 yard line. We send Brewster off left guard for 5, then up the middle for gains of 3 and 7. When it's all said and done, it's 4th and 5 at the Ole Miss 31.

The call? Go for it. Mercy.

Option left is our call this time, and the outside linebacker crashes on me. I pitch off to J.B., but the ILB fills admirably, and we lose 3 yards.

The ball goes over to Ole Miss at the Ole Miss 34.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

9:54 left in the 3rd; Tennessee 10, Ole Miss 0.