View Single Post
Old 01-30-2004, 01:47 PM   #100
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Update

October 14-20

Things go quiet for a couple of days, but we get a flurry of UFO activity on the 16th. Two UFO's spend a lot of time scurrying around Indonesia and Australia, but our ASIA COM Interceptor can't bring any of them down.

Also, during this time we get a close call with a UFO battleship that makes a beeline for our EU COM base, then turns away at the last moment. Scary stuff. Thought for sure we had a base attack coming.

Research wise, we make some solid gains during the time. Crappy's USA team cracks one of the mysteries of UFO technology, and have come up with plans for a ship called the "Lightning", a larger and faster fighter-transport. However, more importantly, this discovery has led Crappy to believe that we can create an ultimate fighting craft, on par with anything the aliens can throw at us. Also, this new design would have the capability of making the journey to Mars. In short, the possibility of striking at the alien's home planet may be technoligically feasible within a couple of months. Before beginning work on that design, however, we need to beef up the firepower of our aircraft, so Crappy's USA team begins looking for some way to harness fusion power for missile use. Elsewhere, the interrogation of "Poindexter", the alien commander, continues around the clock.

Production wise, Sterling Ice has facilities working 24 hours producing new hover tanks, which should give us more support and firepower on the ground, and a new fighter craft that is much stronger and faster than our current Interceptors. It's beginning to look as if we'll be able to take on some of those larger UFOs in the air instead of just waiting for them to land. Slowly but surely, we are pushing the fight back on the aliens.

On the night of the 19th, Superman downs a small UFO over Switzerland, and our EU COM base prepares to launch the Skyranger for a mop up. However, another battleship comes screaming towards our base, and we are forced to hold our position in Europe and launch the ASIA COM Skyranger for the mission instead. On the morning of the 20th, the craft is airborne towards the crash site.

On board are the following ten men:

Rich, Jeff Nights II, Danny Van Halen, Qwikshot II, Fonzie II, Render II, Condors II, Zippy II, 3ric IV, and Split Personality III.

Should be a piece of cake.

This mission should go fairly fast, so I'm thinking that I'll be able to post it on Sunday night, shorly after the Super Bowl. After that, I think I'm going to try to post a mission at least every Sunday night. However, I'd like to go faster, so I'm going to aim for a Wednesday/Sunday two-missions-a-week pace. I'll probably miss a lot of Wednesdays though.
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote