View Single Post
Old 01-30-2004, 11:46 AM   #276
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Ole Miss is forced to punt after gaining one first down, and the 37 yard punt is returned by Billmaier for a yard to the UT26.

1st and 10, UT. 1:08 left in the half.

My 1st down pass attempt falls incomplete but a flag was thrown at the beginning of the play. 12 men on the field for the defense; 15 yards, 1st down! No wonder it felt like there were 9 men rushing me!

A fade to Everett after the penalty results in another 20 yards, despite the fact he was double covered. 1st and 10 at the Ole Miss 39.

We try to surprise the defense with a run up the middle, but they get one on us. Brewster is tagged for a 3 yard loss. Time out, UT. 40 seconds left on the clock.

2nd and 13, and I try a slant to Everett. Umm, Everett, where are you? I fire the ball where he's at after having to stop my throwing motion. It falls incomplete. What the heck?? A flag comes in, defensive holding. 2nd and 3.

What in the world? They've blown another call. That's an auto first down. Oh well.

We go option right, and the defense leaves me a lane. I head upfield; tackled at the 25 for a 1st down. Time out, UT.

We decide to give the ball to Everett on a reverse during the time out. Bad idea. He loses 4 on the play, and we have to call a time out with 14 seconds on the clock.

We decide not to mess around anymore and let Alston attempt a 46 yard field goal.

He nails it, and his kickoff and subsequent return end the half.

Half time. Tennessee 10, Ole Miss 0.

And now for your half time entertainment...