View Single Post
Old 01-30-2004, 11:33 AM   #275
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Three plays later my turnover is redeemed by true freshman CB Roy Dalzell, who's playing the nickel corner due to Serra's injury. He returns the ball to the UT41.

1st and 10 UT, 7:04 left in the half.

Mason motions out of the backfield and runs a post pattern. I hit him for 10 to start the drive. Brewster gains a yard off right tackle, and then gets 9 on a toss to the right.

A counter to the right nets 8 more for Brewster, followed by a run off right tackle again. This time for 5. 1st and 10 at the Ole Miss 26.

Option right, and Brewster takes the pitch up the sideline for 17 more. 1st and goal at the 9.

A false start, incomplete pass, and a personal foul afterward on a lineman results in 2nd and goal at the UT29.

Mercy.

A screen to Brewster nets 4 yards on 2nd, but another screen to Brewster is broken up quickly. The defense "looked very familiar with that play". The very first time all year that has happened.

4th and a quarter of the field, and I expect we'll kick the ball, but coach sends out a play, not the kicker.

"Bunch right, all 9's, on 1, on 1" is the call, but it doesn't work. I end up running for my life and losing 2 yards in the process.

Again, we turn the ball over on downs. Bad call, in my opinion. We should have kicked right there. Who does he think I am?

2:50 left in the half; Tennessee 7, Ole Miss 0.