View Single Post
Old 01-30-2004, 08:41 AM   #267
Poli
FOFC Survivor

We don't have long for discussion, as Ole Miss goes 3 and out. The short punt should have given us good field position, but CB Marc Billmaier danced around trying to make something happen. The result? A loss of friggin 7 yards and Fulmer stares him down as he comes to the sideline.

1st and 10, UT at the UT 47 yard line; 9:35 left in the first quarter.

We send Brewster up the middle again; but he loses a yard. This 34 defense is confusing more than just me.

Brewster in motion; and I take the snap. Brewster doesn't cut this time and stops 5 yards downfield. I get him the ball and he turns upfield for 5 more. He's stopped just short of the 1st down.

3rd and 1. Time to stick it to them. TE Monty Witt comes in for the receiver. We're running the ball.

"Power I right, 23 lead on 2, on 2, ready, break!" I take the snap and hand the ball off to Brewster deep so he can find the hole...but instead he's tackled almost immediately for a loss of 3. The blitzing ILB once again confused our blocking and he slipped by 3 blockers to make the huge stop.

Wheeler comes out again, this time to punt from the Ole Miss 47. Wheeler tries a coffin corner, but it's ineffective. His 24 yard punt rolls out of bounds at the Ole Miss 23 yard line.

1st and 10, Ole Miss.

7:30 left in the 1st quarter, no score.