View Single Post
Old 01-28-2004, 11:00 PM   #238
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Another nice return by the Florida special teams; but at this point it's almost pointless. Florida can't move the ball offensively. 3 and out. The punter hits a 38 yard punt; Billmaier with a 19 yard return to the UT41. 11:35 left in the game.

We come out throwing; I hit Castleberry for 11 yards. Play action; and it works. I hit Witt across the middle; but there's a flag. Witt pushed a defender out of the way before he caught the ball; a clear case of offensive pass interference. Make it 1st and 25 at the UT37.

Brewster tries the right side twice; gaining 8 the first time, but nothing on the second. 3rd and 17, and a screen to Mason nets 3 more, setting up a 4th and 14 at the UT48.

Lots of room for Wheeler to work, but he gets off his first shank of the game. The 28 yard duck is downed by the coverage team at the Florida 24.

9:09 left in the game; Tennessee 49, Florida 3.

Florida goes over the top, looking for a homerun ball to get them in double digits. The pass is intercepted by Billmaier, who falls down as he makes the catch at the UT35.

First down, Tennessee. 9:00 left in the game.

Mason goes up the middle but loses the ball after a gain of 3. G Washington is there, and we've avoided another possible turnover. Brewster comes in and goes up the middle for a gain of 3, setting up 3rd and 4 at the UT41.

Play action works well and I find TE Monty Witt in over the middle. He's dropped savagely by the safety. A flag flies in; spearing on the defense. Good news is that Witt gets up on his own somewhat decently. He even finds the huddle. The penalty gives UT the ball at the Florida 34.

A pass to Brewster in the flat is turned into an 11 yard gain; but a pass to Mason is incomplete; blame the rush of the defensive line on that one. Option left; the defense ignores me. I fake a pitch and cut upfield, gaining 4.

3rd and 6 at the 19, and we call a rollout pass to the right. Unfortunately, my backfield blocker, Willie Jordan, fails on his assignment. I'm crushed from behind for a loss of 8.

Alston comes in to clean up the mess; he connects on a 44 yard field goal.

5:24 left in the game; Tennessee 52, Florida 3.