View Single Post
Old 01-28-2004, 01:08 PM   #222
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Florida is forced into another 3 and out series, and a horrid 30 yard punt would have gave us the ball at midfield. Billmaier instead tries to make something out of nothing on the return and loses 6 yards in the process.

First and 10 at the UT43; 9:53 left in the 1st half.

"Power I right, double split, H8, 9's. on two, on two." We're going deep. Time to put the women and children in bed and go looking for dinner. Always wanted to say that. Too bad I didn't.

I take the snap and drop back seven steps. I'm plowed. I don't really remember hitting the ground. A loss of 7 and I'm told the guy came around the right tackle to do it.

That hurt. Option left is our next call, and I'm a little groggy. Normally when it comes to option football I pitch first and ask questions later. The option play is strung out, and for some reason instead of pitching I turn upfield. Florida couldn't believe it either, and I somehow get 7 yards up the sideline.

That's enough punishment for me. Time to throw the ball; it's third and long. Mason's in the ball game, and I send him in motion. A lob over the middle causes a collision in the air, but Mason comes up with the ball. It's close enough for a measurement, but we're just short of the first at the Florida 48.

I'm confident we can get it, but Coach Fulmer is not. In comes Wheeler, and he drops a punt out of bounds at the 8. That guy can kick.

8:06 left in the 1st half; Tennessee 21, Florida 3.