View Single Post
Old 01-28-2004, 12:51 PM   #221
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Brewster takes the short kickoff at the 6 and races upfield to the 29. He comes off the field for a play, as per design.

It's time to see if we can do any drop back throws; since we have an 18 point lead to toy with.

"Power I right, split right, H7, 259. On two, on two", and we head onto the field. H7 sends Mason in motion to the right side, into a slot position and the number call are the routes we're running. Mason motions out, and runs a nice pattern, but I underthrow the ball.

"My bad" I call out, and pat myself on the chest, indicating I'm to blame. Mason waves me off and heads to the sideline, and in comes Brewster with the next play.

It's of similar design, but Brewster will run a curl route instead. I hit Brewster, and he spins around for 6 yards and the first down.

Three straight carries by Brewster, however, only net us 6 yards. We're stopped 4 yards short of the 1st. A quick look to the sideline, and yep, we're done.

Wheeler and the punt team come onto the field. Wheeler drops another punt inside the 20, this one rolling out of bounds at the Florida 17.

We didn't score, but at least we took 3 minutes off the clock.

11:01 left in the 2nd; Tennessee 21, Florida 3.