View Single Post
Old 01-28-2004, 11:59 AM   #218
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Things went well for us again on that drive. Thankfully, a shorter field than the opening kickoff.

Three plays for over 10 yards, and we're eating these guys up. Team confidence is high on the sideline.

The defense enters the field fired up about the points scored, and shuts Florida down again. Florida is forced to punt again after 3 plays, this time from their own 13. The weak punt went 34 yards and Billmaier returned it 4 yards to the Florida 43. 6:09 left in the 1st.

Florida: 6 offensive plays; 2 punts. Good job, defense!

Brewster goes off right guard for a yard, and I decide to go with a long count. For the first time, our guy jumps instead of theirs, and we're pushed back 5 yards. A screen to Brewster only nets 2 yards, and Florida's defense finally looks like it came to play.

3rd and 12 on the Florida 45, and we're trying to get punter Daniel Wheeler a little closer to the 20 for a punt. We call off tackle and Brewster breaks a tackle at the line of scrimmage and spins past another defender! He darts into the open field, finally brought down by a corner at the 18 yard line

First down, Tennessee!

Mason starts to jog in to give Brewster a breather, but Mason waves him off. Coach sends in a play with the receiver instead. In the huddle, Brewster demands the ball.

"This is our time. I won't let us lose this game. Give me the ball."

Absolutely. You won't hear me argue. I just hope the coaches will agree.

They do. Brewster goes up the middle for 6. Option right, and a pitch to Brewster nets 6 more. First down at the 6 yard line.

Option right again. Brewster is lagging a bit, taking the pitch and heads upfield for no gain.

Mason does come in this time, and Brewster isn't as defiant.

Another option to the right, and Mason takes us to the 2.

In comes Brewster again, and he dives into the endzone off right tackle for another touchdown!

TOUCHDOWN, TENNESSEE!!

Alston adds the XP.

Take that, John Adams.

2:00 left in the 1st; Tennessee 21, Florida 0.