View Single Post
Old 01-27-2004, 10:49 AM   #204
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Gator Defense Not Likely To Fold

John Adams, Knoxville News-Sentinel

Quarterback Ardent Enthusiast enjoyed his game of the century on Saturday against a weakened Wildcat defense, and good for him. The walk on, fifth year senior deserves it for all the work he's put in over the past couple of months. Enthusiast threw for over 300 yards and two touchdowns. Quite a day for anyone, really.

I don't see a repeat performance in front of the home crowd, though. Florida is coming to town. Not that I had to tell you. I'm sure the Florida game has been circled on your calander for most of the year. If you don't have tickets, I'm sure you've tried to get them by now.

Write this down: Florida won't allow 200 yards in the air against Tennessee. I'm almost certain Tennessee won't even muster 100 yards in the air Saturday. We won't win unless we run the ball.

Florida's defense is built around speed, the blitz, and deception. Three things I'm almost certain our offense can't handle. They're certain to rattle our walk on quarterback; and the last thing you want on offense is a rattled quarterback.

That's what we'll have though if we try to throw too often. Florida's defense has 13 sacks on the season, and 21 unofficial "hurries". The secondary is averaging almost 2 interceptions per game as well.

Actually, Florida's whole team is built around this defense. I'm not overly impressed by the run and shoot offense Coach Ron Zook uses there. I believe we can hold this Florida team to 20 points.

I just don't believe we can score 21.