View Single Post
Old 01-26-2004, 04:30 PM   #31
Franklinnoble
Banned

Jacksonville, FL
January, 2012

Franklin walked down to the locker room after the game and personally thanked every player on the team. Soaking wet and covered in mud, they had just lost 21-17 in the AFC title game after a brutal regular season.

Injury depleted and short handed, the Chargers had complied a 9-7 regular season record. Fortunately for them, the AFC West was woefully weak that year, and San Diego won the division title. Gritty performances in the Wild Card and Divisional rounds had given fans hope for another Super Bowl run, but the title defense ended tonight.

Ricky Williams shook his hand and spoke, "I think that's it for me, coach."

Franklin nodded. His carries had been halved this season, and he had managed only 542 yards rushing. "Ricky, if you want to start somewhere else, just say the word. I'll make it happen."

"No, I'm done. I've got two rings, and I'm ready to settle down. I wanted to finish my career in San Diego, and I've been able to do that."

With that, he headed off to the showers. Franklin wasn't surprised. There would be more changes coming in the offseason, as the Chargers were scheduled to be way over the cap (again). Their title run was over, and only time would tell if they'd be able to make another one.
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote