View Single Post
Old 01-25-2004, 10:21 PM   #182
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Kentucky manages yet another good return, this time to the UK35, but once again the offense goes 3 and out. A nice 45 yard punt forces Billmaier to make a fair catch at the UT21.

The drive consumed what was left of the 3rd quarter and gives UT the ball with 14:41 left in the game.

Once again I'm sent onto the field. Ask me no more questions and I'll tell you no more lies. I have no clue why I'm in the game at this point. Reserves have began to filter in at other positions on offense and defense already but for some reason I continue to play quarterback.

Unfortunately, the inexperience has resulted in a number of penalties this half and we start this drive with an anxious offensive tackle jumping. 1st and 15 at the 16, and we run play action. Kolodzik is wide open and I get him the ball. He's hauled down at the UT39 for a 23 yard gain.

Mason goes off left tackle for 6, but Brewster is dropped for a yard loss off right tackle. 3rd and 5 at the UT44, and a receiver screen to Castleberry nets 9 and another UT first down.

We plunge Mason up the middle; no gain. We plunge Brewster up the middle, no gain. 3rd and 10 at the UK 47, and we call for a screen to Mason. I'm rushed in my throw and end up missing Mason, who hadn't turned around for the pass yet.

This 4th down results in our punter seeing his first action of the game, and Wheeler doesn't disappoint. He drops a 34 yard punt down to the UK13. The returner dances around and ends up losing 4; dropped at the 9 with 10:23 left in the game.