View Single Post
Old 01-25-2004, 10:09 PM   #180
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Kentucky gets a nice return to the UK28, and the QB promptly nets a 1st down on a 10 yard scramble. The defense vows revenge, and sacks the quarterback on three straight plays. A 37 yard punt and 7 yard return give us the ball at the UT47 with 5:53 left in the 3rd.

Remarkably, I'm not told to sit, and head back out onto the field.

A toss to Brewster gains five around right end, followed by an option play that only nets a yard. 3rd and 4, and we run our reliable motion/pass play. Mason converts the first down, and the ball is placed at the UK35.

I'm really starting to like Mason as a receiver.

Brewster gains 7 up the middle, but we're called for holding, pushing us back to the 45 and making it 1st and 20. Another go up the middle gives Brewster 3. We line up for an option left but the new TE Kolodzik jumps early and we're whistled for false start. Back us up another 5 yards. 2nd and 22. I hit Mason on a screen for 9 yards and the Kolodzik over the middle for huge 20 yard gain on 3rd and 13. He didn't have the first initially, but bulled his way through Wildcat defenders before finally going down.

The coaching staff liked the result of that and call something similar, but the defense reacts well this time. I'm hurried off the right edge and the pass sails over the receiver. 2nd down and we toss it out to Brewster who gets 2 yards before getting tackled.

3rd and 8 and we run a screen to Brewster, but the defense reacts well again, holding us to a 2 yard gain. 4th and 6 and we'll kick the FG. An offensive lineman flinches before the kick, and we're sent back 5 yards.

Alston converts anyway; a 36 yard FG which gives us a 33-0 lead with 43 seconds left in the half.