View Single Post
Old 01-25-2004, 03:14 PM   #172
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Kentucky goes 3 and out, but the starting running back suffers an unfortunate injury on the first play of the series. A senior, the young man is done for the season with a broken arm.

Kentucky's punter shanks a 22 yard punt; Billmaier returns it for 2 yards before getting shut down.

1st and 10 Tennessee, at the Kentucky 43, with 7:29 left in the first quarter.

We continue our diet of Brewster up the middle, and he gains 6 yards on the first play, and 9 on the next.

We finally go to our motion offense, and send Brewster out to the slot. It works well as Brewster 18 yards on the reception.

First and goal at the 10. We run option right, and I finally pitch to Brewster who goes up the sideline for 4 yards.

Brewster motions out of the backfield again, but this time I'm hit by the right defensive end. T Spangler got confused as to who to block and I paid the price for a loss of 5.

3rd and goal at the 11, and again we motion Brewster out of the backfield. This time I pump to Brewster and throw a pass to Witt, who was crossing underneath. It works, and Witt rumbles into the endzone untouched!

Touchdown, Tennessee! Alston adds the extra point, and we're rolling.

4:19 left in the 1st quarter, Tennessee 14, Kentucky 0.