View Single Post
Old 01-25-2004, 02:29 PM   #168
Poli
FOFC Survivor

BK: Tim, who’s starting today for the Vols on offense?

TP: In the backfield, it all boils down to J.B. Brewster at tailback, and lead blocking for him at the fullback positions will be Roman Prescott and Willie Jordan. Ardent Enthusiast is the quarterback under fire.

Only one receiver and one tight end in this offense; receiver Steven Everett and end Dominic Witt.

On the line from left to right: Lochner, Raymond, Peters, Washington, and Spangler.
BK: Vols line up power I; Everett split left. Kentucky lines up in an eight man front. Enthusiast barks out the signals, and there’s the snap. Handoff to Brewster, who takes the ball up the middle through a nice hole created by Peters; give him 6 yards on the play.

TP: Look for the Vols to really try and bang it up the middle against this weak Kentucky defense. I think UT wants to quickly establish their running game here.

BK: Vols line up in the same formation. Brewster again up the middle, Prescott with a great block this time, and he’s down after a gain of 11 at the Kentucky 24 yard line.

TP: The offensive line really looks fired up out there. They’re knocking the Wildcats 3 yards off the line of scrimmage. It’s not hard to be successful when you’re offensive line is playing like that.

BK: Power I; Jordan goes in short motion, toss to Brewster who gains 7 yards on the play, but there’s a flag. Looks like a holding call against UT.

TP: Bubba Spangler, the Vols right tackle grabbed the end and just wouldn’t let go. It’ll push Tennessee back 10 yards.

BK: Vols line up, and Enthusiast takes the snap. Handoff Brewster…no, it’s a play fake. Enthusiast fires downfield to Witt; Witt rumbles downfield finally tackled at the Kentucky 14. Give him a gain of 20 yards on the play.

TP: Tennessee likes to come out throwing off of play action. This time the defense reacted well to the run, but UT ends up throwing the ball over their head for the first down.

BK: First down, Volunteers! Enthusiast breaks the huddle and the Vols again lineup in the Power I. He takes the snap and this time does give the ball to Brewster, who gains 5 yards up the middle before being tackled.

TP: Back to the power football for Tennessee. They look like a team with something to prove today.

BK: You can say that again. Tennessee lines up quickly. Brewster again gets the ball. 3 yards, and he’s dropped at the 6. 3rd down and 2 for the Vols.

TP: Wildcats making a number of personnel changes, looks like they’re bringing in a goal line defense now.

BK: Vols line up again. Power I. Fullback offset left. Brewster gets the ball on a toss left. He gets the first down and is tackled at the 3-yard line.

UT gets up quickly and heads right back to the line of scrimmage. Kentucky scrambles to get back into position. Enthusiast takes the snap. Option right. Wildcats string the play out; Enthusiast finally pitches off to Brewster. Brewster breaks a tackle and scores along the right sideline!

Touchdown Tennessee!

TP: Excellent play call by the Vols. They strung the defense out on a toss left, and come right back with an option right, designed to get Brewster the ball along the goal line.

BK: Alston adds the extra point, and it’s 7-0 Tennessee.

We’ll be right back.