View Single Post
Old 01-25-2004, 01:33 PM   #164
Poli
FOFC Survivor

BK: Welcome, college football fans to FOFC sports radio, featuring the University of Tennessee Volunteers. I’m Bob Kesling, and along with my partner Tim Priest, we’ll be bringing you today’s game.

We’re here in Lexington, Kentucky, at Commonwealth Stadium, where a sold out Kentucky crowd is braving the pouring rain and cool temperature to see this game.

It’s SEC football time for all of you fans and we’re about ready to get things rolling. Tim, what are your thoughts on Tennessee?

TP: Well, they struggled last week offensively against the Bulldogs, but their defense is playing phenomenal football right now. They’ll miss corner Bart Serra, especially in today’s game where you figure Kentucky might throw 50 times. Stepping into Serra’s role is sophomore Michael Dudgeon, and Kentucky will most likely try and pick on him early and often.

Offensively, they’ve got to do a little more. Two time Heisman winner J.B. Brewster is being slowed by defenses not worried about the pass. Tennessee really needs to find ways to get Brewster the ball into the open field and let him make plays like he’s done in the past, or try to throw more to alleviate the pressure on the running game.

BK: What about Kentucky?

TP: Kentucky comes into today’s game limping and they’re hurting both on offense and defense. Their best player on either side of the ball won’t dress today from injuries. That’s not good when you’re a young team depending on a few veterans. Kentucky will most likely be outmatched for most of this game and I don’t see them in this one for long in this game.