View Single Post
Old 01-25-2004, 12:06 AM   #146
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Smile

Phone calls from friends and family have poured in all week to offer their support.

Nearly everyone in the state of Tennessee has an opinion about the quarterback situation. The News Sentinel continued to publish articles suggesting I would be replaced.

Practice against Kentucky went well, as the team tried to focus their attention on the Wildcats. The Wildcats have one only one game and are ranked in the bottom 100 of the country. The only team that the Cats have beat, NC State, is currently ranked lower than they are.

The Wildcat defense is horrible. Questionable scholarship offers to fringe players and the decision to redshirt nearly everyone in the incoming freshman class have left numerous walk ons in the position to start. At last count 3 start on defense and 2 on offense. The biggest threat on defense, DT Clay Van Pelt, is out for the game with an injury. Two other contributors on the defense are injured as well, but may play.

I'll be trying to avoid the starting corners, as they're the best players on the Kentucky defense; but I'm not that afraid of them.

Offensively, UK runs a run and shoot offense, which means this game could get really, really, ugly. I'm confident our defense will shut them down quickly and efficiently, but with no chance for time consuming drives out of the Wildcats, could we be looking at a 70-0 game?

Both Neal Schneider and Terry Schroeder took snaps this week with elements of the starting offense. I can tell Coach Fulmer would like to see both get in the game. He's said nothing about being concerned about my play. Nothing of the sort out of the offensive coordinator or my quarterback coach, either.

Last edited by Poli : 01-25-2004 at 10:34 AM. Reason: blasted KU to UK reference
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote