View Single Post
Old 01-22-2004, 06:14 PM   #125
Poli
FOFC Survivor

The Vols take the field for the second half, and it doesn't take a scientist to tell we're fired up.

Billmaier takes the kickoff back to the UT20, and the starting offense takes the field.

Brewster dives up the middle but the Bulldog defense was all over it. Brewster is tackled almost as soon as I give hime the ball; a 3 yard loss. We send him off the left guard, this time for 4 yards. 3rd and 9, and a screen to Jordan narrowly gives us a first after a gain of 9.

1st and 10; I underthrow a wide open Everett. 2nd down; Brewster goes out of the game, and in comes Mason. Mason in motion to the split end side, and once again it opens up the defense. Mason makes the catch and gets 15 before being hauled down.

Back to Brewster, over the right guard for 3. Time to run a play we haven't called in a while, the option reverse. We head left and I pitch out to Everett heading right. The defense isn't fooled and Everett has nowhere to go and is dropped for a loss of 3 at the UT45. 3rd down and I see Witt open over the middle but in my attempt to lob it over the defender I overthrow the tight end.

In comes the punter, and he snaps off another good punt, this time to the MSU 16 yard line. The returner once again dances around, this time fooling a few defenders. He doesn't stop there and loses ground in hopes of a bigger return. He should have stopped when he was ahead. He loses 6 yards on the return...giving the Bulldogs 1st and 10 on their 10 yard line with 10:53 left in the 3rd quarter.