View Single Post
Old 01-22-2004, 11:06 AM   #121
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Fortunately, penalties force MSU back and they have to punt. Billmaier gets a nice return to the UT39, but a holding call sends us back to the UT26 with 11:27 left in the half.

The first play we call is option right and MSU is all over us. I pitch to Brewster quickly out of desperation, who nets only a yard on the play. 2nd down, and we give to Brewster over left guard for 4. 3rd and 5, I hit Witt on an out pattern for the 1st down and more...for a gain of 10.

1st and 10 at the UT41. Brewster goes up the middle on two straight plays, getting 7 and 2 yards, respectively. The ball is on the 50 with a 3rd and 1. We give it to Brewster again up the middle and he gets 2 more and the first down.

Now seems like a good time for a reverse, and we run it with WR Terry Castleberry. Terry gets 2 before the defense gets to him. Brewster goes off tackle on 2nd down for 4, setting up a 3rd and 4 at the MSU42.

Play action and my receivers are covered. I head back upfield but I'm forced to slide to the ground at the line of scrimmage.

Wheeler comes into punt and kind of shanks it. Give him 24 yards on the punt, but it is a fair catch at the MSU18. I guess technically it's a good punt since it's inside the 20.

MSU takes over with 6:09 left in the half, UT7, MSU 0.