View Single Post
Old 01-22-2004, 12:24 AM   #113
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim
Good reading, AE, keep it coming. First time in my life I've ever rooted for UT! (big Gator fan, ya know...)

Crim

Wow, that has to be rough. I'm not sure I could ever root for the Gators. That's a very big compliment; thank you. I know full well what that means.

Mizzou: I sure hope I'm not striking that pose. I don't want the Vols getting cocky. The two easy wins were against bottom feeders...and I didn't know that when I scheduled them. I schedule based on getting home games and to try and get space through the early part of the season.

Cal accepted immediately for the opener, and then Northwestern offered at week 4 to come to Neyland. Seeing as that was the week I wanted to fill, it fit perfectly.

Syracuse was a tough game, and by all accounts, we were lucky to win that one. Our defense was scored on often, and had I not had a mythical performance I doubt we would have won it. If any team can score on us, we'll be in trouble, I have a feeling.

We had great field position in the NU game. Our average start was on the UT42. ON AVERAGE. The first two drives started inside the NU40. Unbelievable.

This team is built pretty well. Especially if a walk on of my caliber can succeed.

No injuries so far has been a blessing so far as well. Not a one. Wow. With SEC games the rest of the way and little time off, I doubt that lasts very long. Still when other teams are hurting and you're at full strength...that's a good feeling.

What I found interesting was the assistants moved Schneider in ahead of Schroeder for the Northwestern game. I didn't notice it until I posted the stats. The names were so close I didn't even catch it for a while. I wonder if I'll have a fight for the #2 job through the year.