View Single Post
Old 01-21-2004, 01:06 PM   #104
Poli
FOFC Survivor

The kickoff by Alston goes into the endzone, and the returner brings the ball out to the Wildcat 19, where he's tackled by my roommate, Aaron Moser.

NU can't put a drive together and punts the ball away. Serra comes away with a 15 yard return, and we go back out onto the field at the NU38 with 9:33 left in the half.

Brewster gains 10 over the left guard for a first down, but slips on the next play for a loss of 1. Second and 9 at the NU29. The call is a play action pass, but Witt and Everett are well covered. I head upfield along the sideline and get 7 yards before a safety forces me out of bounds.

A drop back pass on 3rd and 4 results in a first down as I hit Mason for 8 yards. 1st and 10 at the NU14 and we run option right. Again the end crashes down and again I get rid of the ball quickly to Brewster. He's finally brought down at the 3 yard line.

A dive up the middle nets 2 for Brewster, and we run play action on 2nd and goal from the 1. The result? Witt makes another easy TD catch, and Alston adds the extra point.

Touchdown, Tennessee!

35-0 UT with 5:44 left in the half.