View Single Post
Old 01-28-2003, 05:24 AM   #5
stkelly52
College Benchwarmer

Percy Buchanan
“You have the highest career QB rating of any player in the league. Since joining the Redskins in 2010 there has only been one season where you had a rating below 95.0. To what do you attribute your success?
“There have been three keys to the success that I have had. First, I have had a great corps of receives to throw the ball to. When you have players like this to catch your passes, you know that you will do well. Secondly, I have this incredible offensive line who has kept pressure off of me. And finally I don’t allow myself to force the ball into difficult places. This has hurt my career in some ways in that I haven’t been able to pick up some of the big yards that other QBs have made. But it means that I haven’t given up many interceptions, which has been the key to my success.”
“Washington went from winning two incredible seasons in which you only lost one game, to losing 5 games last season. Do you feel that last year was a disappointment?
“We lost some key players for last year’s season, and because of that we had more difficulty pulling off the close wins last year. But and 11-5 season and reaching the NFC championship is nothing to be disappointed with. I am hopeful that we will be active in free agency and pick up some key draft choices to make this team a champion again.”
stkelly52 is offline   Reply With Quote