View Single Post
Old 01-28-2003, 05:24 AM   #4
stkelly52
College Benchwarmer

Carlton Gomez DE Hartford
“We are here with Carlton Gomez, who has had the rockiest career of the Five Great Men. Carlton has weathered the adversity to become a two time Pro Bowler. What was it like to go from a backup in Carolina to being a star in Oakland?”
“Truly it was satisfying. I was given a chance to stay in Carolina, but honestly I never really felt appreciated there, and I really felt like Oakland wanted me and I was thrilled to go play there. I just felt like I meshed with the team. Even though we couldn’t manage to have a winning season, those were the best couple years of my life.”
“Since you loved playing for Oakland so much, how did you feel when you discovered that you were being traded to Hartford?”
“Honestly it was hard for me, but Hartford gave up quite a lot for me. It was clear that I was valuable to Hartford and they really felt like they needed me. This is another team that I have fit in well with the coaching staff. It was great to make the playoffs last season, and I am thrilled to see how far this team will go this year.”
“There are stories around that the owner of the Muskrats is looking to dump some salary. If they dump salary how do you think that would affect the team.”
“I don’t know were these kind of ideas come from. We made this team really profitable last year, and I don’t see any major subtractions, and I think that Hartford will wind up being very active in the free agent market as well. Nothing brings in more money than winning, as we are just a piece or two from the Super Bowl.
stkelly52 is offline   Reply With Quote