View Single Post
Old 01-27-2003, 11:27 PM   #132
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Bringing it Under Control

May 15, 1745 - Our attempt to set up a Trading Post in Columbia has failed despite 4/5 odds of it setting. I order another trader to the province.

May 18, 1745 - I order a Goods Manufactory in Khandesh.

June 28, 1745 - I offer a State Gift to Taungu and Dai Viet.

Our relations with Taungu increased drastically. With Dai Viet they are maxed.

October 19, 1745 - We have established a Trading Post at Nanaimo.

January 26, 1746 - We have established a Trading Post in Columbia. I sende out colonists to send one to Oregon, since England has yet to recolonize the province.

February 26, 1746 - We have discovered the Straits of Magellan. We now know the basic layout of the Americas.

June 4, 1746 - We have developed a Great Reputation and our relations with China, Zimbabwe, Mughal Empire, Afghanistan and Tibet have increased slightly.

September 30 - We have established a Trading Post in Oregon. I order colonists to Columbia and Ob.

October 1, 1746 - Our naval technology has increased.

January 19, 1747 - Our attempt to convert the Buddhists in Da Lat has failed and they are rebelling.

February 15, 1747 - Our colonization attempt to Ob has failed. If Ob fails, I suppose I'll go back to trying to settle Tomsk. I order more colonists to Tomsk.

March 11, 1747 - Our Inquisition in Da Nanag has also failed and the peasants are rebelling.

March 29, 1747 - The rebels in Da Nang are eliminated.

April 1, 1747 - Our trade technology has advanced and our merchants now generate more income from trading centers.

Mataram sends two Missionaries, one eaach to the former Annam provinces of Da Lat and Da Nang.

May 4, 1747 - Heretics rebelling in Da Lat were slaughtered.

May 19, 1747 - Internal Tax Ordinanced have hjelped the mountainous province of Surabaja open up more roads, thus increasing the tax value there.

June 11, 1747 - We have founded a colony in Columbia! I order more colonists to the fur trading area.

August 1, 1747 - France has burned down the Austrian Trading Post in Olympia and established their own.

August 8, 1747 - We have founded a colony in Tomsk! Finally. I order more colonists in.

December 5, 1747 - We have, again, failed to colonize Tomsk. We supposedly have a 7 in 10 chance of getting this second wave of colonists to take, let's see if we can't actually see that through.

January 9, 1748 - Messaud, our explorer, has died after exploring th entire American coast.

January 10, 1748 - Our colonizatin attempt to Columbia has failed. Again despite odds HEAVILY IN OUR FAVOR. I am starting to become angry. I order in more colonists.

April 6, 1748 - Tomsk expands and more settlers are dispatched.

August 7, 1748 - Tomsk expands, and more colonists are sent.

In Columbia, we have over 80% odds. AND YET WE FAIL AGAIN. I send more colonists in with the threat of death if they fail Mataram.

November 29, 1748 - Chance of Tomsk expanding - 75% Yet, failure strikes again.

I have cut the head off our Minister of Colonization and promoted his lieutanent.

More colonists are sent to Tomsk.

March 2, 1749 - This time, Columbia expands. Additional settlers are shipped out.

March 5, 1749 - We have failed to convert the Konfucians in Taiwan and they are rebelling.

I send another Missionary to the island.

March 13, 1749 - Heretical rebels in Taiwan have been disposed of.

April 11, 1749 - Obviously, our new Minister of COlonization got the hint. Tomsk expands and he gets to keep his job. As wll as his head.

June 1, 1749 - More colonists set sail from Bali harbor to Tomsk.

September 27, 1749 - Columbia and Tomsk expand. I ship what will hopefully be one last wave of colonists to Tomsk.

October 2, 1749 - An anonymous Gift to the State of 400 ducats has occured.

December 1, 1749 - More settlers leave for Columbia.

December 17, 1749 - Mataram has a new Monarch - Pakubuwana III. Our new Monarch is average at diplomacy and administration, while poor in war.

January 30, 1750 - Tomsk expands and with the native help, becomes a full province.

Tomsk:

1105 people work the fur trade here. Tomsk is west of Krasnoyarsk and southwest of Angara. Mataram gets 14 ducats from Tomsk while 7 are sent to Ganges.

I order a Tax Collector sent to Tomsk.

The Sikh states are fully integrated, and there shouldn't be any more rebellions from them. Indus has been pacified long ago. As has Taiwan.

That leaves us Odisa, Da Lat and Da nang as our only provinces currently experiencing occasional revolts.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote