View Single Post
Old 01-27-2003, 11:26 PM   #131
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Second Mataram-England War

April 16, 1743 - England, for some reason, has declared war upon us. Maybe they want our Alaskan colonies, I don't know.

Ideally, we could get Nahalem, their Center of Trade. I doubt it, though.

I order my troops in Yukon into Nanaimo, an English Trading Post.

I also order troops built in Oahu and Kauai (Yukon cannot build men) and lauch my fleet from the Yukon and move them down the coast.

Soldiers and boats in the Yukon?

After all, you should be prepared for evey eventuality, even one this absurd.

June 1, 1743 - Our naval technology has increased. We can now build shipyards. Which was exactly what I was saving my ducats for.

I order a Shipyard built in Luzon.

This will allow us to build up to 10 ships at one time, plus it will add a colonist a year to our fold.

Excellent.

July 4, 1743 - Our troops have entered Nanaimo - an English Trading Post. Natives there have attacked us. I could retreat and let the natives burn down the post, but, for now, I want to keep the post intact. We can always burn it down later. So I order my men to kill the natives.

July 21, 1743 - The natives have been killed and we have captured the British Trading Post.

August 21, 1743 - While we were not looking, England has annexed our neighbors in Eastern Africa - Xhosa. Using troops formerally Xhosan, they are attacking Inhambane!

August 23, 1743 - Tomask has again failed to take hold I order more colonists to Tomsk, and also some to Ob.

August 24, 1743 - The Englaish are attacking our fleet off the Coast of Natal, in East Africa.

August 29, 1743 - With two of our galleys aleady sunk, I order my fleet into Zambezia herbor.

September 10, 1743 - We have captured Columbia, a British Trading Post.

I march our troops into Nahalem.

September 14, 1743 - I order our troops in Inhambane to retreat to Zambezia.

Fearing that this war will not go as planned, I order the Trading Post at Columbia burned down.

September 27, 1743 - Battle in the Coast of Columbia has begun.

England just kicks us from end to end technologically. This war does not look good for us abroad.

October 7, 1743 - Our forces have arrived in Nehalem.

October 19, 1743 - We have won a battle against the British naval forces in teh Coast of COlumbia.

October 20, 1743 - We have found a British ship in the South pacific and are initiating battle there as well.

November 3, 1743 - We lose a battle off the Coast of Natal.

November 3, 1743 - Our fleet has sunk the British warship in the South Pacific.

January 6, 1744 - Several skirmishes later I have loaded some troops on my galleys off Africa and are taking them to the British colony of Ambovombe. I ca only hope that they have left the province unguarded.

I order walls built in Tahiti.

January 21, 1744 - England has landed armies in Indus. Why do people keep insisiting on attacking Mataram there?

February 5, 1744 - We have founded a colony in Ob! However, we have failed to do so in Tomsk. Again.

I order more colonists to Ob.

February 7, 1744 - More British armies have landed in Indus.

March 1, 1744 - We have captured Ambovombe!

April 24, 1744 - Indus is again under assault by the British.

April 29, 1744 - We have again repelled the British from our shores in Indus.

May 9, 1744 - Forces from Hawaii have landed in Nehalem. I order an assault on the city.

May 12, 1744 - More British forces have landed in Indus. Will they ever learn?

May 26, 1744 - British forces in Indus have learned their lesson. Maybe.

June 3, 1744 - We have captured Nehalem. Excellent.

In offering peace, Nehalem is too valuable for us to demand. I order my troops deeper into English territory.

For the first time in this war, we are the ones in the lead. The British have definaelty won more battle against us, but we have captured two provinces of theirs while they have not captured one of ours. Their siege of Inhambane goes poorly.

June 24, 1744 - Our colonization of Ob has failed.

July 7, 1744 - We have captured their Trading Post in Oregon.

August 14, 1`744 - A renewed attempt by England to capture Inhambane appears to be taking place.

August 21, 1744 - Another assault in Indus.

August 27, 1744 - We have driven the English back in Indus.

September 3, 1744 - I send a trader to Columbia, recently burned.

October 10, 1744 - England is now atacking us in Irrawady.

England, why not assault us in Kwai, or Malacca, or anywhere in the Indies, where we have no troops stationed?

November 4, 1744 - The English have been repelled from our shores in Irrawady.

January 14, 1745 - Our attempt to convert the masses in Irrawady has faile dnad revelution is occuring there.

January 28, 1745 - Rebels in Irrawady have been crushed underfoot.

February 1, 1745 - England has offered us peace and 275 ducats to take it. The question is, do I take it?

I could probably demand Ambovombe and get it. A wealthy province in Africa with a posititve growth would be a nice addition.

I could also continue to try for Nahelm. But honestly, Nehalem and Ambovombe are both Catholic, and even getting England to offer coin is good enough.

Before taking their offer, I brun down the Trading Posts in Nanaimo and Oregon. I order traders to Nanaimo.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote