View Single Post
Old 01-27-2003, 11:20 PM   #118
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Mughal-Mataram War of 1695-1698

October 17, 1695 - At war with the Mughals, I would like to capture and claim Chandigarh, and maybe Bikaner, but probably not.

I have 21000 infantry and 14500 calvary stationed in Delhi. I order my cannons to Delhi, which is nigh unassailable.

I dispatch 10000 infantry to Chandigarh to eliminate the Mughal threat there.

November 2, 1695 - Our troops arrive in Chandigarh and assult the Mughal forces arrayed here.

December 12, 1695 - We defeat the Mughals in Chandigarh and the siege has begun. I order all 76 cannon and 5000 infantry to Chandigarh.

December 24, 1695 - Singh arrives with his Punjab army. I retrest back into Delhi. I can't compete with Singh for the siege - Punjab will automatically capture any province we are both besieging due to Singh's presence.

January 10, 1695 - I order 20000 men, 7000 calvary and 13000 infantry into Bikaner.

January 25, 1695 - We have arrived in Bikaner.

February 1, 1696 - The Mughals in Bikaner are defeated. I leave behind a covering force and march deeper into Mughal territory.

February 15, 1696 - We arrive in Thar. I leave behind a covering force and order my soldiers to Quetta, where a Mughal army awaits.

March 4, 1696 - Sredny Hrebet expands. I order more colonists in.

I also order another 8000 infantry from Delhi to reinforce our pillaging army in Mughal territory.

March 24, 1696 - Our Inquisition to Malwa has suceeded and the people there have converted back to Hinduism!

April 7, 1696 - The Mughals are fragmenting. Afganistan and Mameluk territory cuts off northern Empire from southern Empire. Punjab cuts of Chandigarh.

And so forth.

They are ripe for conquest in the south.

May 10, 1696 - Regulation of the Medica Profession has increased the population in Selatn by 1500.

May 15, 1696 - We are winning many sorties against the Mughals. It's time for an assault. I order my harassing army to Indus.

June 1, 1696 - Our army has arrived in Indus and is engaged with the Mughal troops there.

June 6, 1696 - The enemy forces in Indus have been defeatd and the siege begins.

July 30, 1696 - Sredny Hrebet has expanded and the 5000 natives there have joined us.

Sredny Hrebet:

5619 people fish here in the middle of Kamchatka. This mountain colony sends us 15 ducats and 5 to Kansai.

I order a Tax Collector in Sredny Hrebet.

I order colonists sent to Amour and traders to Mogotcha.

August 24, 1696 - I order 21000 infnatry from Delhi to Bikaner.

September 9, 1696 - Our troops have arrived in Bikaner and I order an assault of the fortress.

October 6, 1696 - We have captured Bikaner!

I order our army to Indus.

December 2, 1696 - We fail to put a Post in Mogotcha.

February 10, 1697 - The Mughals keep sending in forces to Indus, and I can't order an assault. I need a force behind Indus to keep the Mugahls busy. I order my 7600 calvary from Delhi into the Mughal lands.

March 1, 1697 - The Mughals have their own leader - Zulfikar Khan, in Quetta.

April 5, 1697 - After defating four Mughals armies all simultaneously, the Empire sends us a peace offer for 350 ducats. I decline.

April 26, 1697 - Our Inquisition in Raipur has failed and the Sunnis are revolting.

May 26, 1697 - The Mughals keep trowing troops at us. We have to retreat from Indus into Kutch.

June 30, 1697 - Our calvary have caught up to Khan's fleeing troops and have wiped them out, including him!

July 2, 1697 - This time the Mughals offer us 425 ducats for peace. I again refuse.

July 14, 1697 - More of our trrops arrive in Indus. I order my defeated troops back in from Gujarat territory.

July 22, 1697 - Our Royal Marriage with Songhai has expired.

August 4, 1697 - We hve defeated the Mughals in Indus and driven them back.

August 7, 1697 - I order an assault on Indus.

September 6, 1697 - Our assault has failed and we continue to seige the city.

November 1, 1697 - Reinforcements have arrived and I order another siege on Indus.

November 9, 1697 - Raipur falls to rebels.

December 4, 1697 - We have caputered Indus!

I send a peace envoy to the Mughals. I want Bikaner and Indus, but I cannot demand them both without creating a massive war because my reputation will fall. So, I can only demand one.

Now, you might think the correct move here is to take Bikaner. It's a cloth prvince adjacent to Delhi and only next to one Mughal prvince, thus allowsing some degree of safety.

However, Indus is very attractive. It's much more wealthy, and it is the only Mughal port. Cutting them off from the sea would be very valuable.

In addition to its wealth and srategic value, Indus provides two more benefits. Bikaner might fall to Punjab, which we can then annex someday.

And Indus is the farthest I want to extend westward. Indus and either Thar or Quetta makes a two province line that creates an attractive western boundary for Mataram. I can't imagine Mataram ever going past that boundary for the poor provinces out there. Indus is about as far as it goes.

Plus, in a later war, I can alway take Bikaner back, it was easy. Indus was the harder province to capture.

So, for us to draw trhe line against further expansion, I demand Indus and 100 ducats.

The Mughal Empire accepts

Indus:

114819 people here work the salt trade i the port of Indus. Currently experiencing nationalism, the people here are Sunni and of Gujarati culture. They send us 34 ducats and 33 to Kutch.

I order a governor placed here.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote