View Single Post
Old 01-27-2003, 11:18 PM   #113
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Kaeoki's Promise

The following map is probably quite useful for this chapter:
http://www.geocities.com/theunknowne...iberia1683.jpg

February 1, 1681 - Our conquistador has discovered Nerchiinsk.

March 2, 1681 - We discover Chilka.

April 10, 1681 - We discover Djagdi.

May 2, 1681 - Our colonization attempt to Enkan has failed.

May 3, 1681 - Our alliance with Dai Viet, Vijaynagar and Taungu has expired.

I order colonists to Mahe.

May 24, 1681 - We have discovered Mogotcha.

May 26, 1681 - Vijaynagar entered an alliance with Arakan and Bengal. Excellent.

June 27, 1681 - We have discovered Kalar.

July 28, 1681 - Songhai invites us into an alliance with them. Songhai is a very aggressive power, and would make an ideal aly if onyl they were closer to home. I check and find that Songhai is not allied with any other countries. As such, there are no benefits here for me, excpet for being pulled into wars with Mali, Algiers, Spain, and so forth.

No thanks, Songhai.

August 16, 1681 - We have discovered Sretensk. In other news, Tirhut, one of the Mughal provinces cut off from the rest by our ownership of Delhi, has fallen to rebels. The rebels are now seiging the other Mughal province in Lucknow.

September 12, 1681 - Mahe expands. One more wave of colonists are sent.

September 24, 1681 - We have discovered Tchita.

September 25, 1681 - A Gift from another country has arrived. 200 ducat to our treasury.

Novermber 10, 1681 - We have discovered Kalakan.

November 15, 1681 - Nippon has Basho Matsuo Develops Haiku Poetry. An interesting event.

January 1, 1682 - Bundelkhand is revolting.

January 2, 1682 - We have discovered Buriat.

January 19, 1682 - We have defeated the rebels in Bundelkhand.

Janaury 21, 1682 - Mahe expands and the natives join our city, much as my family joined in Tahiti.

Mahe:

Positioned almost equidistant from Africa to India, this small island port is ideally situated for passage by sea. 1112 people work the spice trade here. 14 ducats are sent to us while 28 are generated in Zanzibar.

I order a Tax Collector built.

Janaury 25, 1682 - I order a Refinery built in Viti Levu.

I send a colonist to Birobidjan, directly above Manchu.

February 13, 1682 - Our conquistador has discovered Ulan Ude.

March 5, 1682 - Our Royal Marriage with the Mameluks has expired.

March 21, 1682 - The Chinese province of Guangxi has defected to Dai Viet. They now have at least one valuable province.

March 29, 1682 - We have discovered Selenga.

May 1, 1682 - Our land technology has increased. We can now build cannon.

We have also discovered Irkutsk.

May 23, 1682 - Rebels have capture the Mughal province of Awadh, whose capital is Lucknow.

June 27, 1682 - Our conquistador has discovered Chatga

July 11, 1682 - We have founded a colony in Birobidjan!

August 1, 1682 - The Papal States went bankrupt. I find that oddly funny.

August 16, 1682 - We discover Tannu Ola.

October 1, 1682 - Xhosa has declared her freedom from England. Xhosa is the province of Transkei, east of Zulu. We sign a Trade Agreement with them.

October 19, 1682 - We have discoverd Saian.

November 21, 1682 - We have discovered Zima.

January 1, 1683 - I send traders to Kolyma and Enkan.

January 12, 1683 - We have discovered Oka.

January 16, 1683 - China chose to Never Give Up in the End of the Ming Dynasty event.

April 3, 1683 - Our conquistador has discovered Touva.

April 24, 1683 - Our Inquisition has been sucessful in Phuket. The people there have converted ot the one true faith!

April 25, 1683 - We have discovered Bratsk.

May 27, 1683 - We have discovered Balakhta.

June 2, 1683 - Trading Posts have been established in both Kolyma and Enkan. Excellent.

I order colonists to Nagorje and a trader to Magadan.

July 1, 1683 - We discover Krasnoyarsk.

August 13, 1683 - We have discoverd Angara.

September 21, 1683 - We have found Tchuma.

October 30, 1683 - A Trading Post has been established in Magadan.

November 17, 1683 - Our conquistador has died. He discovreed more land than any other we have ever had. His name will be written down for the ages. Fatima.

December 1, 1683 - The revolters in Tirhut have defected to Bengal. I would have preferred them to have defected to Mataram. However, Tirhut is Sunni and Bengali, so defecting to a country that is both makes sense for them.

December 10, 1683 - We have founded a colony in Nagorje!

I order a trading post in Kamcatka.

January 1, 1684 - Our land technology has advanced.

February 2, 1684 - With the Refinery complete, I order walls built in Viti Levu.

I order a governor in Tahiti for my family.

April 9, 1684 - I order a colony in Sredny Hrebet.

July 11, 1684 - Our colonization attempt in Kamcatka has failed.

August 14, 1684 - We have failed to convert the heathens in Irrawady and they are rebelling.

August 15, 1684 - We have Unhappiness Among the Artisans. I choose to abolish a atx. We lose 100 ducats and our policies move towards free subjects.

August 23, 1684 - We have crushed the heretic rebellion in Irrawady. I order another Missionary to the people there.

September 26, 1684 - I order a trader sent to Kamcatka this time.

October 1, 1684 - Dedicated investments to military technology have paid off. Our land technology has increased. We now have gunpowder and our infantry are equipped with arquebuses (arquebusi?)!

November 20, 1684 - We have founded a colony in Sredny Hrebet! There are 5000 natives here, so I will send more cololists when I can to expand our now province.

January 1, 1685 - I order missionaries to Brunei and Makassar.

February 1, 1685 - Colonists are heading out to Sredny Hrebet.

February 13, 1685 - We have established a Trading Post in Kamcatka.

March 1, 1685 - Annam canceled their vassalization with Vientiane. Hmm.

I send Annam a State Gift. Our relations improve significantly. They are still in an alliance with Vientiane, but if it falls, I want to be able to pounce on them.

March 14, 1685 - Cambodia revolts when our Missionary failed to convert the populace. I had stationed our army here just in case of this event.

April 2, 1685 - We crush the heretics.

April 10, 1685 - Another State Gift to Annam enormously improves our relations with them.

July 15, 1685 - Our colonists to Sredny Hrebet have failed. No native uprising, though.

April 2, 1686 - A year has almost passed since my last entry. Mughal rebellions are is bigger force now. I am still hoping for more Sikh Rebellions.

I send a colonist to Sredny Hrebet, another to Nagorje, and a Trader to Tchumkan.

April 30, 1686 - The rebels have captured Panjab.

May 1, 1686 - Awadh has also defected - to Bengal. So, in a little over a year Bengal has expanded its territory by 50%.

I don't want Awadh and Tirhut enough to win them in war. That will make Bengal a little tougher.

June 1, 1686 - The revolters in Nelma, previously owned by Manchu, have thrown off their ties to Manchu and joined our realm!

Nelma:

43888 people of Manchu descent and Konfucian beliefs work the iron mines here in Nelma. This mountainous port is south of Vanin. She sends us 25 ducats annualy and 15 to Kansai.

Nelma does not experience nationalism, but because we currently treat Konfucians harshly in Mataram, she is prone to revolts.

Therefore I issue our own edict of tolerance. I raise and lower the four religions of my empire to about even. Hindu and Muslem and Konfucian and Buddhist are alkl treated equally. Now Christians, on the other hand, are abused.

After my edict, Nelma's revolt risk is zero. However, sending a missionary here is my hjighest priority. Before we send a missionary, however, I want to make the province a little better. I order a governor.

July 6, 1686 - Our governor in Nelma is built. I order a Chief Justice to be placed here.

August 9, 1686 - A Trading Post has been placed in Tchumkan.

I order another in Chelekov.

August 24, 1686 - Nagorje expands.

September 16, 1686 - Our colonization attempt to Sredny Hrebet has failed. For now, I am going to concentrate on filling up Trading Posts along the coast, then on expanding Nagorje.

November 1, 1686 - The Mughals have recaptured Panjab.

November 15, 1686 - What is my goal? Bengal, or try for Annam? Annam is currently outside of an alliance. I could start one with them and woo their vassalage.

Or continue to try for Bengal? But Bengal has not been getting into any wars, so I cannot join that alliance.

I deicde to start entreating Annam now, and wait for the alliance as long as possible.

Annam and Mataram enter into a Royal Marriage.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote