View Single Post
Old 01-27-2003, 11:15 PM   #110
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Mataram Expands in Africa

For a map of Mataram's holdings in East Africa, cut and paste the following:
http://www.geocities.com/theunknowne...africa1671.jpg

December 8, 1669 - We invite Taungu back into our alliance and they accept.

I send a State Gift to Songhai and our relations are maxed.

January 1, 1670 - I order my assembled army in Niassa into Mtawa.

February 7, 1670 - Our troops arrive unmolested. I order them to attack the native town.

February 21, 1670 - We defeat the natives but many surive. Our army is depleted and need reinforcement. I hold off on attacking again for now.

March 8, 1670 - Songhai agrees to share their explorations with Mataram, and us with them. I can now see much of West Africa.

The Songhai maps bring with them knowledge of hte African countries of Mali and Kongo, plus a Center of Trade in Ivoria.

May 14, 1670 - Zambezia expands and is now a full province.

Zambezia:

A port province to the north of Inhambane, Zambezia is also experiencing negative growth. The 796 colonists here work the slave trade, sending 11 ducats to us and 7 to Zanzibar.

Inhambane also now sends their trade to Zanzibar, since its discovery.

I order a Tax Collector in Zambezia.

June 1, 1670 - Irrawady are revolting.

June 29, 1670 - Our olonization atempt to Mtawa fails. Before another nation sends in somebody, I order more colonists in. They will probably fail, but it will take 7 months for them to reach the province and I find out - therefore no other powers can settle for 7 months.

August 2, 1670 - We defeat the Irrawady rebels.

August 10, 1670 - We enter into a Trade Agreement with Mali.

September 2, 1670 - Our merchants have acquired a monopoly in Zanzibar.

October 25, 1670 - Our reinforcements have arrived in Mtawa and battle is enjoined.

December 5, 1670 - The native menace is completely destroyed.

February 12, 1671 - We found a colony in Mtawa! Excellent.

I order colonists to Niassa.

February 20, 1671 - We enter into a Trade Agreement with Kongo.

April 29, 1671 - Our conversion attempt in Phuket has failed. The people there are rebelling.

May 4, 1671 - We kill the rebelling heretics in Phuket.

May 18, 1671 - I offer Austria a white peace and they agree. We never fought a battle, but we were able to take their Trading Post in Malwa, so I consider it a victory.

June 27, 1671 - I order an Arts Academy built in Bali. Bali will not languish behind Flores and Delhi in the arts any more.

August 1, 1671 - Our Royal Marriage with Vijaynagar has expired. Bangkok are revolting.

August 6, 1671 - Niassa expands.

August 18, 1671 - We lose to the rebels in Bangkok. My army will regroup in Cambodia and attack again from there.

August 22, 1671 - I order more colonists to Niassa.

November 17, 1671 - Colonial Dynamism occurs. We gain a Conquistador in Kalepam and 3 sets of colonists!

December 16, 1671 - We defeat the rebels in Bangkok.

January 1, 1672 - With some additional cash, I make the following orders:

Troops built in Bangkok to replace the ones we just lost.

Walls built in Zambezia.

Governor in Johor.

Chief Justice in Malwa.

February 14, 1672 - Niassa expands and more colonists leave Bali harbor for her shores.

July 21, 1672 - Songhai and Mataram enter into a Royal Marriage.

August 8, 1672 - Niassa expands and more colonists are en route. I also dispatch more colonists to Mtawa.

December 5, 1672 - We have corruption in the government and our inflation has risen by 10%.

To combat the corruption, I order governors in Perak, Phuket, Mekong Delta, Bangkok, and Kwai.

December 29, 1672 - Masrur, our explorer, has died while continuing our explorations in teh Pacific. I feel that i must be close to land, for I have run across a Spanish fleet.

January 1, 1673 - A fleet of 8 transports leaves Colombo with our Conquistador, bound for Niassa. How many will survive the journey is unknown.

January 6, 1673 - I order governors promoted in Goa, Trivandrum, Jaffna, Ceram, and Tindore.

January 28, 1673 - Mtawa expands and I send out more colonists.

February 1, 1673 - Niassa expands and more colonists disembark.

February 23, 1673 - Our fleet arrives in The Seychelles, off the coast of Mahe. I order our conquistador to disembark.

April 30, 1673 - Our conquistador has discovered Mahe! I order our fleet to Niassa.

May 5, 1673 - The natives in Mahe are very peacful. I send colonists in.

Mahe is, you guessed, a spice province.

June 1, 1673 - Delhi revolts.

June 10, 1673 - We have put down the Delhi rebellion.

July 5, 1673 - Our transports have arrived in Niassa. Only one was lost! I order them back to Mahe to collect our conquistador.

July 26, 1673 - Both Niassa and Mtawa expands. Niassa is now a full colony. I order colonists to Mtawa.

Niassa:

706 colonists work the Ivory trade here in Niassa. Adjacent to Zimbabwe, Mtawa and a French Trading post, this port sends us 11 ducats and 18 to Zamzibar. Like the other colonies here, Niassa is experienciing negative growth.

I order a Tax Collector for Niassa.

October 27, 1673 - Our colonization attempt to mahe has failed. I dispatch more colonists.

December 1, 1673 - We gain land technology. Our troops are now equipped as late medieval troops (level 6)

December 8, 1673 - Our conquistador has arrived in Niassa. I order him to Mtawa, and thence to the undiscovered area above them.

January 14, 1674 - Mtawa expands. I send in more colonists.

january 17, 1674 - Our Inquisition in Irrawady has failed and the pople are rising up against us.

February 2, 1674 - I send another missionary to Phuket.

March 5, 1674 - We defeat the heretics in Irrawady and destroy every last one.

March 25, 1674 - We have discovered the province above Mtawa. It is Lindi, a Trading Post of Oman's with 10000 natives of medium aggressiveness. Sounds like a decent place.

April 21, 674 - We have founded a colony in Mahe! It should allow us to have cross oceanic voyages without any problems.

May 26, 1674 - Our Inquisition to Khmer has suceeded, and the people there have turned towards the one true faith!

July 3, 1674 - Mtawa expands. I send in even more settlers.

July 29, 1674 - Corruption hits us for another 10% inflation rise. I will order some governors built soon.

September 16, 1674 - We have discovered one of the Zimbabwean provinces behind our East African holdings.

December 21, 1674 - Mtawa expands and I order more colonists in.

January 1, 1675 - We have discovered another Zimbabwean province with our conquistador.

I will send our conquistador back from Africa and towards the Pacific Ocean or north of Vanin.

Probably north of Vanin.

January 25, 1675 - I send Dai Viet a Personal Gift that maximizes our relations.

I order governors in Khmer, Ajeh, Sunda, Bandjarmasin, Selatan, Sabah, Manado, and Salabanka.

March 27, 1675 - We have failed to convert the heatens in Cambodia, and they are revolting.

May 11, 1675 - We have actually lose the battle against the heathens, but we have practically eliminated theri army. All that remains is 200 soldiers, and when I have regrouped, my army will crush them.

June 11, 1675 - Mtawa expands and I send in more colonists.

July 2, 1675 - I now have an interesting option:

Dai Viet have been our vassals for over 10 years now. We have a marriage with them, our relations are maxed, we are in an alliace together and we share a border - all of the requirements of annexation.

Should we offer Dai Viet annexation? If they accpet, we would absorb their 4 provinces. They are not rich provinces - 2 grain, a fish, and naval supplies. And we would have 4 provinces to try to defend.

However, we would share a border with China for future expansions. I could release the Dai Viet provinces as vassal states. I beleive that at least two, maybe three states could be made.

And we might make the world mad at as enough to go to war with us.

I decline to decline the opportunity to annex Dai Viet.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote