View Single Post
Old 01-27-2003, 11:08 PM   #104
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Matarami Second Golden Age Continues

May 1, 1649 - The Chinese government has again fallen. I don't know how much longer I am going to keep caring. It's pretty much a given that China's government will fall 1-3 times annually. It has ceased to be newsworthy.

May 15, 1649 - Timaru expands and more colonists are sent forth.

June 1, 1649 - Phuket revolts.

June 19, 1649 - The rebels are defeated.

July 25, 1649 - I send a fleet of transports to Pondicherry where they will pick up the Mysore army. Since Mysore's nationalism is gone, there is no longer a need for a standing army there. I'll ship the soldiers to SE Asia for now.

October 1, 1649 - Timaru expands and I send more colonists there.

Janaury 1, 1650 - I send a Missionary to Bangkok. It's a very valuable province and I would like to see it become even more so.

February 14, 1650 - Timaru expands. I send more colonists to teh New Zealand province.

July 1, 1650 - Bangkok is revolting!

July 3, 1650 - Timaru expands and additional settlers are leaving Bali harbor.

July 8, 1650 - We put down the Bangkok rebels.

July 15, 1650 - The Mameluks and Ottomans have come to peace for ducats.

October 21, 1650 - The Edict of Tolerance occurs, the last of the worldwide events.

Counter-Reformed Catholics lose their powers, the Treaty of Tordesillas is disabled and the effects of religion in the Christian sector are reduced, including allowing people there the ability to have Royal Marriage with any Christian. The effects on Mataram are unknown, but either none or very little.

November 19, 1650 - Timaru expands and a last wave of settlers embark.

January 1, 1651 - I order Chief Justices in Trivandrum, Cochin, Santal and Malacca.

April 5, 1651 - Timaru expands and is now a minor province.

Timaru:

The southern island of New Zealandis a land of sheep herders as 767 residents of this port send us 12 ducats and 1 to Malacca.

I order a Tax Collector for Timaru.

While checking our maps, I hear word that an area in Africa is open and free. I verify that they are correct, and they are. The province of Inhambane is currently neutral, and the natives have been wiped out. I send out colonists.

I understand that Zimbabwe had just destroyed a Trading Post of a country they are at war with, so hopefully, we will claim the land as our own.

August 1, 1651 - Mataram and Myanmar enter into a Royal Marriage.

October 1, 1651 - Our land technology has advnaced, and our troops should fight marginally better.

Bangkok and Irrawady both revolt.

October 13, 1651 - The rebellion in Irrawady has ended wit the death of every rebel.

October 16, 1651 - Revolts in Bangkok have been put down.

February 1, 1652 - Our colonization attempt to Inhambane has failed. I order more colonists to the coast of Africa.

I order a Chief Justice placed in Whangerai and Wairoa.

February 26, 1652 - We have a Rush of Colonists. Three more groups have decided to join our cause. I immediately dispatch one to Rabaul.

May 1, 1652 - Phuket is revolting.

May 22, 1652 - Rabaul expands and I dispatch more colonists to the island.

June 2, 1652 - We defeat the rabble in Phuket.

June 13, 1652 - Poland and Sweden have declined Trade Agreements with us.

July 1, 1652 - Irrawady is under revolt.

July 19, 1652 - The rebels are soundly defeated and driven into the ground.

August 20, 1652 - Rabaul expands. Colonists leave Bali for the quiet island.

November 1, 1652 - Bangkok rebels.

November 12, 1652 - Our standing army in Bangkok has defeated the rebels.

November 15, 1652 - Rabaul expands.

November 29, 1652 - We estalish a colony in Inhambane! I order more colonists to teh African province.

I also order more colonists to Rabaul.

February 22, 1653 - Rabaul expands.

April 26, 1653 - Internal Trade Ordinaces in bastar have cleared some roads in the mountainside, thus creating additional tax revenus from the province.

I order a Chief Justice to Bastar.

June 6, 1653 - Another province on the African coast has become available. Niassa is available, but they have extremely hostile natives there. I cannot sail to Africa with an army - it is too far away. But I can try and place a Trading Post there.

July 1, 1653 - Inhambane expands and I send another group of colonists to it.

August 20, 1653 - I send Dai Viet a State Gift. Our relations improve tremendously.

September 22, 1653 - I invite Dai Viet to our alliance. They accept.

October 23, 1653 - I send another State Gift to Dai Viet. Our relations improve close to the max.

October 23, 1653 - Dai Viet and Mataram solidify their new relationship with a Royal Marriage.

December 1, 1653 - Our Trading Post attempt in Niassa is sucessful!

December 15, 1653 - Dia Viet and Mataram seal their new friendship with a Royal Marriage.

December 26, 1653 - For some reason, Austria has decided to decalre war on us. I do not even bother my allies with this "war." If Austria decides to come, their armies and fleets will be tired, away from supplies, and beleagured. Easy kills.

February 2, 1653 - Inhambane expands. I dispatch more settlers immediately.

Inhambane is my priority right now. And if I can find a way to kill the natives in Niassa, that becomes my second priority.

It will take a whilke, but I could colonize Inhambane, build a few galleys, build an army, then set sail for Niassa.

That's the worst case scenario under which I take Niassa. Of course, Austria may burn it up for the natives could rise. But, if our post in Niassa survives, we can eventually land soldiers there.

September 1, 1654 - I offer Vijaynagar a spot in our alliance. They agree, sine their alliance with Arakan, Bengal, and Aden has expired.

September 9, 1654 - Our colonization attempt in Inhambane has failed. I send in more colonists.

October 6, 1654 - I send Vijaynagar a State Gift and our relations improve. Not as much as I would have liked, but they improve nevertheless.

January 1, 1655 - I order a Refinery built in Mindoro.

April 13, 1655 - Inhambane expands. I order more colonists to her.

October 26, 1655 - With some diplomats just sitting around, I offe Dai Viet vassalization. They refuse and our relations with them are hurt. Sweden and Courland turned us down for a Trade Agreement as well.

November 18, 1655 - Inhambane expands. More colonists are sent.

April 2, 1656 - Our Minister of Diplomacy has stepped down for a year when we hire an excellent man with great skills abroad for a year. The Excelletn Minister increases our Monarch's skill in administran, diplomacy and war. It is an excellet time to send out Missionaries, end wars, and gain vassals. Expect all three before the year is out to be attempted.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote