View Single Post
Old 01-27-2003, 11:05 PM   #101
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Mataram's Second Golden Age under Xang Jai

October 14, 1642 - Our alliance has expired. I offer anotehr alliance with the three members - Pegu, Ayutthaya, and China. They all agree.

December 9, 1642 - Annam has insulted us and we have a Casus Belli against them for a year.

January 10, 1643 - I order a Chief Justice in Murumbidgee, Manunda, and Macquarie.

I order walls built in Vanin.

February 1, 1643 - We have a new Monarch to rule our glorius nation - Amangkurat I has seceeded his deceased father to the throne. Amangkurat I is good at diplomacy and average at administration and war.

April 11, 1643 - Our Inquisition in Johor has been sucessful and the populace has converted to the one true faith.

July 1, 1643 - The government of China has fallen again.

November 21, 1643 - We have Claimed New Land in Sarawak. The population, manpower and tax value all increase.

January 1, 1644 - I order Chief Justices set up in Sulawesi, Salabanka and Makassar.

I send some colonists to Wairoa, in New Zealand.

January 26, 1644 - China has Li Zechang's Rebellion, and they choose to destroy him. Their revolts increase even more.

April 23, 1644 - I invite Korea into our alliance and they agree.

April 26, 1644 - China has the Fall of the Ming Dynasty. The Manchu have taken over northern China, and China has moved their capital to the south and intend to keep fighting.

May 1, 1644 - The government of China has fallen.

May 19, 1644 - Manchu moves their capital to China's old capital in Beijing.

May 21, 1644 - Wairoa expands and more settlers are sent.

June 2, 1644 - China had The Chinese Collapse.

July 5, 1644 - Our Royal Marriage with Vientiane has expired. They reject my proposal for renewal.

October 12, 1644 - Wairoa expands again. More colonists are dispatched to the New Zealand colony.

December 3, 1644 - Manchu has the event The Manchu Advance. They choose to Attack Them Now While They are Weak. As such, Manchu has declared war on China. Korea dishonors aour alliance while Ayutthaya and Pegu accept.

For now, I accept, although I do not want war with Manchu. China has become a heavy stone around my neck. They must be cut loose soon.

March 2, 1645 - Wairoa expands again and even more people flock to the docks to set sail for the province.

July 22, 1645 - Wairoa expands again and I ship more colonists out to sea.

August 1, 1645 - China's government has fallen again.

December 14, 1645 - Wairoa expands and one last group of colonists set sail.

December 17, 1645 - Nippon, allies of Manchu, have landed 20000 men in Kwai and are attacking our forces there.

December 23, 1645 - The people of Macquarie have spontaneously built a fortress by themselves.

Decmeber 26, 1645 - Nippon eradicates our army in Kwai and lays siege to the city.

January 2, 1645 - I have no quarrel with either Nippon or Manchu. There is no need for this senseless war. I send a peace envoy to Nippon as the leader of my alliance - peace for 200 ducats.

They reject my offer.

I make the same offer to Manchu, peace for 200 ducats. They accept.

As Manchu was the leader of their alliances, I was able to bnegiotiate peace with them, but only on our behalf, not on the alliance's behalf. Still, we are now at peace again.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote