View Single Post
Old 01-27-2003, 11:00 PM   #95
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Mataram's Second Golden Age

January 7, 1626 - I order Chief Judges promoted in Palakimedi, Colombo and Bombay.

January 13, 1626 - Our colonizatio nattempt to Tahiti, despite 2/3 odds in our favor, fails. I order more colonists to the isles.

April 1, 1626 - Hyderabad is revolting.

April 11, 1626 - The Hyderabadi rebels are crushed.

September 12, 1626 - Reformation of the Army has led to land investments in the military.

October 1, 1626 - Malwan peasants are revolting.

October 16, 1626 - The rebels in Malwa are soundly defeated.

November 11, 1626 - We found a colony in Tahiti! We can now use it as a base of operations for our explorer.

More colonists are en route to Tahiti.

January 1, 1627 - The government of China has fallen again. Korea has declared their independance from China. We establish a Trade Agreement.

January 4, 1627 - I order a Chief Judge built in Nandewar, Yarra, Maharashtra, Goa and Bali.

February 1, 1627 - Our military land technology has increased. We should now fight slightly better.

April 16, 1627 - I decide to take a gamble and send more colonists to Kerala.

June 14, 1627 - Tahiti expands. I ship out more settlers.

August 8, 1627 - Wonders never cease, Kerala expands!. I order more colonists to follow.

November 30, 1627 - Kerala expands. More colonists are sent.

January 20, 1628 - Tahiti expands. Additional colonists set sail for, what I am told, is a very pristine location.

March 22, 1628 - A familiar sight - Kerala fails to expands. This time, the natives do not attack.

August 22, 1628 - Tahiti expands. I issue more colonists to the area.

January 1, 1629 - I send a Missionary to Kwai.

March 26, 1629 - Tahiti expands. I send more colonists to the area.

April 23, 1629 - Sana arrives at the Hawaiian sea and lands at Kauai. Kauai is the back half of the island chain. Oahu, the front half, is still a mystery to us.

Kauai has 5000 extremely hostile natives. I'll need to sent out a force to kill them.

May 8, 1629 - Shortly after discovering the Hawaiian Isles, Sana dies. He did not discover much land, but he did explore much of the Pacific Ocean.

November, 1629 - Tahiti expands again, and the natives there join us.

Tahiti:

An island in the southern Pacific, 1610 people work the spice trade in Tahiti. The quiet port sends us 14 ducats annualy while generating 25 in trade at Anglia.

Anglia makes no sense to me. Why does Tahiti ship her goods to England? Anyways, I order a Tax Collector sent to Tahiti.

January 1, 1630 - Sambalpur is rebelling.

January 12, 1630 - We defeat the rebels in Sambalpur.

February 26, 1630 - I dispatch more colonists to Kerala.

May 16, 1630 - My fleet loaded with soldiers arrives in Hawaii. I order the men to disembark to Kauai.

June 12, 1630 - Our regiment unloads in JKauai and they are set upon by the natives.

I now have a decision. Turn the fleet back and go home, right now, and maybe lose a ship or two. Or set up a Trading Post in Kauai quickly, thus creating a friendly area for my fleet to rest. Might take a year or so, but less chance of losing my ships.

Although, if my Trading Post failed, I might lose a lot more ships waiting in the middle of the Pacific Ocean for traders and colonists to arrive.

I order my fleet to retrun. Better to lose a few ships than to gamble with the entire fleet.

June 20, 1630 - Kerala's colonization attempt fails. Figures. 60% chance of sucess, and people still can't colonize a stupid little fish province.

June 23, 1640 - My men defeat all of the natives on Kauai. I order a colonist to the area.

September 2, 1630 - Our fleet arrives back in Tahiti. We lost 4 warships in the hourney, but the 8 transports are safe. I order them back to Australia.

September 13, 1630 - Over my Minister of Colonization's protests, I send more to Kerala.

November 1, 1630 - China's government has collapsed and the people of Pegu have declared their independance. I send them a State Gift to commemorate their freedom. Our relations are maxed.

December 2, 1630 - I invite Pegu into our alliance. They accept.

January 1, 1631 - I order a refinery built in Jakarta. It costs me almost 1100 ducats and will take 2 years to build. But, when complete, it will help trade investements and yield greater production incomes from Jakarta.

January 3, 1631 - Pegu and Mataram seal their relations with a Royal Marriage.

January 5, 1631 - Our colonization attempt has again failed in Kerala.

May 2, 1631 - Our colonization attempt to Kauai has failed. More settlers set sail.

December 1, 1631 - Hyderabad revolts.

December 20, 1631 - We defeat the rebels.

January 1, 1632 - I send a State Gift to the Mameluks. Our realtions improve considerably.

Februry 1, 1632 - Another State Gift is sent to Mameluks. Our relations improve enormously.

March 1, 1632 - I offer Mameluks a Royal Marriage. They accept.

April 7, 1632 - I send Mameluks a Perosnal Gift. Our relations are maxed.

All of thse gifts to Mameluks were for one reason I want their maps. If we are on really friendly terms, they might be convinced to trade maps with me.

May 12, 1632 - I ask to trade maps with Mameluks. They agree.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote