View Single Post
Old 01-27-2003, 10:59 PM   #92
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

oh, a few OOC comments, if I may. Not direced at Airhog, just in general.

I am about where my "badboy" points get me into a world war. If your reputation, on very hard, goes above 35 badboy points, then every country on the continent and that borders you will declare war, except your allies.

I am skirting that line right now. If my repuation drops to "dishonorable scum" the I am in a world war until I lose some points.

You lose points through time (-1 point every 6 years), by losing provinces in war, or by releasing provinces as vassal states, like releasing Brunei back, or Malacca back or Malwa back, which I might do if I need to, actually.

You get bb points for a lot of things. My political annexations just now also get me a few points. You get less BB points if you pol-annex versus mil-annex. You also get less BB points if you get territory in a defensive war as opposed to an offensive one. That's how I was able to get tall of that territory from the Mughals - they always attacked me. If it had been the other way, I would have gotten less, or I would be in a world war right now.

So, it will be a little slower for a few years while I try to let my reputation cool off. The only exception I mmight make is for Ganges. If i get in a war with Bengal then I am heading for Ganges. If Orissa breaks their vassalization with the Mughals I'll try to get them back as well.

My soliders are really low tech, so I jacked up their morale early in the game. Plus, I have a Hindu morale bonus. Add to that the fact that I build a lot of calvary. Plus, I sacrificed my ability to siege for better combat abilities with the offensive doctrine domestic policy slider.

In other words, I have made a lot of sacrifices, but for now, i'm able to hold my own versus the beter equiped Mughals and Chinese. Should the Europeans ever invade, I probably won't hold. And as the tech gap widens, it might get more one-sided.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote