View Single Post
Old 01-27-2003, 10:55 PM   #86
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Conquest at Home

October 25, 1601 - I declare war against England. Without a Casus Belli, we lose stability.

Saterjlan had a fleet with soldiers positioned in the Gulf of Leyte in Samar. England has a ship in the harbor. I have to attack and defeat the ship now, in order to show Englands that we are a force to be reckoned with. If I just landed troops in Samar, England would send their own troops over and take it back. We have to win battles against them.

And the troops on Samar were being ordered to the boats. That would leave us with even less of an opportunity to convince England to let us have Samar.

So, war it is.

November 11, 1601 - We win a naval battle in th Gulf of Leyte. I order my army to disembark into Samar.

November 29, 1601 - 4000 Matarami troops arrive in Samar and attack the English.

December 2, 1601 - The English boat has returned. Excellent. If we can beat them both, then that is two more victories for Mataram.

December 5, 1601 - We defeat the English guards and take Samar!

December 20, 1601 - Our fleet sends the English warship packing.

I order colonists to Murumbidgee.

January 1, 1602 - I send a Missionary to Riau.

March 27, 1602 - Murungidgee expands.

July 1, 1602 - Santal revolts.

July 4, 1602 - I send a peace offer to England for Samar. They accept and give us Samar!

Samar:

10 people work ere in the small colony of Samar. It currently gives no trade or ducats to us, because it is so small. Just past Mindoro and Mindanao, Samar is the last remaining area in the Indies. The crop here is spices, and Samar is a center of trade. There are 3000 extremely hostile natives here.

I order colonists sent to Samar.

July 12, 1602 - We defeat the rebels in Santal.

September 1, 1602 - Khmer revolts.

September 11, 1602 - The Khmer rebellion is soundly defeated.

September 12, 1602 - Our colonization attempt to Samar was a failure.

September 14, 1602 - Natives of Samar rise against us and attack my army stationed there.

October 6, 1602 - We defeat the natives in Samar.

November 14, 1602 - Colonists are sent to Murumbidgee.

February 21, 1603 - Murumbidgee expands. I order more colonists in.

April 7, 1603 - Nippon annexes Korea.

June 1, 1603 - Murumbidgee expands. I order more colonists to set sail for Australia.

June 3, 1603 - The Mughals have declared war on Nippon.

September 9,. 1603 - Murumbidgee expands again, leading natives to join our settlement.

Murumbidgee:

1611 people work here raising sheep. Murumbidgee is on the underside of Australia, west of Yarra. It sends 11 ducats to our treasury and 1 to Malacca.

The Mughals are distracted by their war with Nippon. Their border is weakened. I could strike hard now, attack Surabaja at the same time, and try to take several provinces.

In preparation for such a move, I order troops built on the isle of Java.

January 1, 1604 - I order colonists to Wollongong, Macquarie, and Manunda - the three Australian provinces that have yet to be settled initially.

February 2, 1604 - Having landed a large army in Samar, I attack the natives.

February 13, 1604 - Every last native in Samar is killied. I order colonists sent in.

April 1, 1604 - Our stability has increased.

April 14, 1604 - Samar expands.

May 14, 1604 - A colony is founded in Manunda!

June 9, 1604 - Settlers bound for Wollongong fail to take.

June 23, 1604 - Colonists to Macquarie disappear without atrace. Sad, really. Macquarie and Wollongong both had over 70% chance to settle. To have them both fail is sad.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote