View Single Post
Old 01-27-2003, 10:52 PM   #79
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

An Era of Change

July 21, 1579 - Mysore became the vassals of Vijaynagar.

August 21, 1579 - I order more colonists to Sorong.

October 22, 1579 - Sorong expands. More colonists are ordered to the shores of Sorong.

December 24, 1579 - Sorong expands again. I issue more colonists to head out for it.

January 16, 1580 - We discovered several sea zones. We also discovered the island of Samar, of the coast of Mindoro and Mindanao. I know Samar is a Center of Trade because some of my provinces ship their trade there. I also see that it is owned by England.

But the land is still unknown to me. I have only seen its shores.

February 26, 1580 - Our most recent colonization attempt to Sorong failed. I send off more colonists.

April 29, 1580 - Sorong expands. I order more oclonists to follow.

July 1, 1580 - Sorong expands again. Even more colonists are following.

August 5, 1580 - Our Royal Marriage with Orissa has ended.

We sign a Trade Agreement with Ayutthaya.

September 3, 1580 - Sorong expands again. Restless settlers take off from Bali, bound for Sorong.

November 6, 1580 - Sorong expansion is halted as the last group failed. More are sent out.

January 9, 1581 - Sorong expands and becomes a minor city.

Sorong:

716 people work this small province on the edge of the knowne world. The people of Sorong fish and they only send us 8 ducats but they ship 3 to Malacca.

February 7, 1581 - I send out orders to establish a Tax Collector in Jaffna, Mindanao, Palawan, Tindore, Buru and Ceram.

July 5, 1581 - While sailing past a large island, Al Djawf was able to fully explore a province he calls Kalepam. The area has 6000 very aggressive natives, and only has fish for export, but it could be a nice area to set up a port.

August 9, 1581 - Orissa finally mkes peace with the Mughals. They have been made vassals of the Empire. My blood boils at the thought.

August 15, 1581 - The worst thing happened today. The Mughal Empire joined an alliance.

With China and Korea.

January 1, 1582 - We have a new Monarch, Panembaham Senapati Ingalasa. Our new Monarch is good in diplomacy, average at administration and excellent in war.

February 3, 1582 - Champa annexes Cambodia. Nice.

I give Champa a Persoanl Gift which improves our relations tremendously.

April 12, 1582 - I send Champa a letter that maximizes our relations.

May 19, 1582 - I send a diplomat to offer annexation to our long time friend and vassal. Champa agrees and both Champa and her new province of Cambodia are entered into the Mataram Empire!

Mekong Delta:

The capital of the Champan country was the province of Mekong Delta. The people here are of Thai decent and they are Hindu as well. 22097 citizens work the spice trade here, sending 21 ducats to us and 27 to Malaca. Mekong Delta is experiencing Nationalism with a 3% revolt risk monthly.

Cambodia:

Previously passe over by us, then annexed by Champ, Cambodia has 20565 people wokring in Naval Supplies. The people here are of Khmer decent, but they are Buddhist, not Hindu. Cambodia is also experiencing a bit nationalism.

Along with annexing the Champan cities, we also get their military and fleet.

September 15, 1582 - I order 6931 infanrty off some transports and into Kalapam.

October 8, 1582 - We land in Kalepam and attack the natives.

November 1, 1582 - We defeat the natives in Kalepam.

January 15, 1583 - I order settlers to Kalepam.

March 17, 1583 - I offer a Persoanl Gift to China and our relations improve drastically.

April 19, 1583 - China and Mataream enter into a Royal Marriage.

April 24, 1583 - Kalepam is founded.

July 3, 1583 - We send another Personal Gift to China and our relations improve significantly.

August 1, 1583 - A rebellion occurs in Mekong Delta. We put it down in a few days.

January 1, 1584 - We give another Personal Gift to China.

February 26, 1584 - I join the China/Korea/Mughal alliance.

Now let's see them attack me.

April 2, 1584 - I send colonists to Kalepam.

June 8, 1584 - Kalepam expands. More colonists are sent out.

August 16, 1584 - Kalepam expands.

January 1, 1585 - I decide to send some more colonists to Kalepam.

March 8, 1585 - Kalepam expands. I order more colonists.

March 15, 1585 - I send a Personal Gift to Korea. Our relations improve drastically.

April 17, 1585 - Korea accepts our offer of a Royal Marriage to unite our two countries.

May 16, 1585 - Kalepam expands. Even more colonists are flocking to take off from Bali.

June 1, 1585 - Maharashtra revolts.

June 17, 1585 - We put down the rebellion with alacrity after arriving from Khandesh.

July 24, 1585 - Despite 90% odds, the recent expansion effort in Kalepam has failed.

January 1, 1586 - I order more colonists to leave for Kalepam.

January 16, 1586 - Our Royal Marriage with Vientiane and Dai Viet expired.

February 13, 1586 - We have gained a second explorer. This one is in Ajeh. We also get 6 colonists.

I order our new explorer, Zueidina, to Ceylon where he will explore outward from India.

March 1, 1586 - I change our domestic policies again. This time, I head towards a more Free Trade style.

March 9, 1586 - Kalepam expands. I send in some more colonists.

May 15, 1586 - Kalepam expands past 700 people.

Kalepam:

709 fishermen live in this quaint little town on the edge of the ocean. Kalepam maes only 8 ducats a year, and sends 2 to Malacca.

October 1, 1586 - Rebels strike in Mekong Delta. We put them down in 5 days.

December 1, 1586 - Rebels strike again, this time in Santal.

December 27, 1586 - We defeat the rebels in Santal.

April 3, 1587 - Our diplomats have been harassed by Gujarat. I diplomatically resolve the issue.

February 10, 1588 - I refuse to sell some government offices on Bomday.

February 15, 1588 - I order walls built in Trivandrum, Madurai and Cochin.

September 1, 1588 - Our stability increased.

November 8, 1588 - Our alliance with the triple powers has expired.

I offer to create a new alliance with China. They agree. I invite Korea in, and they also agree.

Mataram/China is a powerful axis.

-Anxiety

End of Chapter Seven

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote