View Single Post
Old 01-27-2003, 10:47 PM   #71
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Continued Expansion

I have no clue why China has such a desire to attack us. They have no Casus Belli on us. Anyways, we lost Irrawady to China, and I am quite upset about that, but I accept that it must be and we move on.

It is, however, the first piece of territory lost to another power since Mataram became a regency back under Atahari I's guidance.

August 3, 1551 - Malwa accepts an invitation to my alliance.

Setpember 18, 1551 - Mysore became vassals of Vijaynagar again.

January 1, 1552 - I send a Persoanl Gift (42 ducats) to Malwa. Our relations improve significantly.

I send out colonists to Mindoro.

March 4, 1552 - Mindoro expands and is now a full colony.

Mindoro:

756 people work the sugar here. Mindoro send 17 ducats to our treasury and 24 to Samar.

Samar? Where is that?

I order more colonists to Bombay.

August 3, 1552 - Bombay expands and more settlers are sent.

October 23, 1552 - Malwa agreed to be our vassals. Yay!

December 30, 1552 - Bombay expands.

January 1, 1553 - Colonists are sent to Bombay. I order a Tax Collector built in Mondoro.

May 27, 1553 - Bombay expands. Yet more colonists set off for the westernmost province in Mataram.

August 17, 1553 - Offered with the optin to sell offices in Jambi I decide to do so. -1 tax value in Jambi, but we gain 100 ducats.

October 26, 1553 - Bombay expands. One more group sets out for mystery and a new life in a different place than Bali.

November 7, 1553 - I order colonists to Cochin, with a 46% chacne of success. And 6000 natives if we don't.

March 24, 1554 - Bombay expands and is now a minor city.

Bombay:

736 colonists work at making Chinaware in this small but economically valuable province. Bombay sends 19 ducats to our treasury and 17 to Kutch.

April 8, 1554 - Our colonization attempt in Cochin failed. Fortunately, there was no native uprising. More colonists follow to Cochin.

May 1, 1554 - Kwai revolts.

May 15, 1554 - We put down the Kwai rebellion.

August 21, 1554 - We found a colony in Cochin! More colonists are en route.

January 4, 1555 - We fail to expand Cochin.

January 7, 1555 - the native in Cochin wipe out our settlement there. I order more colonists in.

January 13, 1555 - A Tax Collector is order in Bombay. I order six merchants to Kutch.

February 15, 1555 - We have added three merchants to Kutch.

March 2, 1555 - Vientiene insults us. We gain a Casus Belli against them for a year.

July 17, 1555 - We found a new colony in Cochin. I order in more colonists.

August 3, 1555 - Our Royal Marriage with Orissa expired. We renew it.

November 23, 1555 - Cochin expands.

January 1, 1556 - Four more merchants are dispatched to Kutch while more colonists are sent to Cochin.

February 1, 1556 - We fully expand our trade in Kutch to the limit allowable.

March 13, 1556 - Our manpower increase by one in Bandjarmasin due to new permanent recruiting areas.

May 2, 1556 - The Mameluks have Declared Themselves Defender of the Shi'ite Faith.

May 8, 1556 - Cochin expands and more colonists are sent out.

Septembr 15, 1556 - Colonization at Cochin failed, but no native attack this time.

January 1, 1557 - Colonists to Cochin. 6 merchants to the Mascate Center of Trade in Arabia.

February 1, 1557 - We expand our trade in Mascate with three mercahnts setting up shop.

February 28, 1557 - A Boundary Dispute has arisen between us an Hyderabad. I can Press the Issue and get a Casus Belli against Hyderabad for 5 years, lose relations with Hyderabad and lose stability. Or, I can Settle the Issue, gain a stability and increse our realtions with Hyderabd a little.

Hyderbad is a Muslim nation in the heart of India. They are subjegating Maharashtra, a Hindu province they recently sent a missionary to. To change it to Sunni.

It is my duty to free our fellow Hindus. I press the issue.

March 2, 1557 - I declare war against Hyderabad.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote