View Single Post
Old 01-27-2003, 10:47 PM   #69
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

War Against the Elephant

I am tired of seeng that red flag with the white elephant on it above cities on the rest of the Malaysian Peninsula.

I am dedicated to winning this war.

January 5, 1543 - Ayutthaya reinforcements arrive while in battle in Phuket. Fresh troops could turn the tide.

January 9, 1543 - In the end, though, we were too much. However, I expect a fortified Ayutthayan army to march back on us before too long.

January 11, 1543 - In an attempt to assist Champa, I offer peace as leader of our alliance with Vientiane alone. That would keep Vientiane troops from attacking Champa.

But they refuse.

March 24, 1543 - The expected Ayutthayan army is back in Phuket, this time with more infanry and calvary than we have. However, we have a better morale, which maye help tremendously in the end.

March 25, 1543 - the Jean Calvin event occurs throughout the world. A new Christian religion, Reform, is now possible, with some provinces automatically becoming reform just like some automatically became protestant.

I check, and none of our provinces became reform. Didn't think so.

April 6, 1543 - We drive away the Ayutthayans. More soldiers are marching to us, though, but they don't seem like a big fighting force, just a harassing one.

April 16, 1543 - We defeat the Ayutthayan harassing force of 2000 calvary.

June 8, 1543 - I move our army back into Perak to regroup. Now that I have done so, they march into Phuket again.

July 18, 1543 - I decide to send 12000 men from Bastar into Palakimedi with the intent of moving them to Ayutthaya country.

August 17, 1543 - We send away some more Ayutthaya soldiers from Pkuket.

October 2, 1543 - Our fleet carrying the 12000 Bastari men arrives of the coast of two Ayutthayan provinces - Kwai and Irrawady. I order my men into Irrawady because it should support more soldiers.

October 24, 1543 - The siege of Irrawady has begun.

January 1, 1544 - Champa is under siege by a lot of soliders from Dai Viet and Vientiane. I offer peace to Dai Viet for 100 ducats. They accept.

That leaves 11000 Vientiane soldiers attacking Champa. I offer peace to ientiane for the same amount. But, they reject my offer.

I can only hope that Champa can survive.

February 15, 1544 - The Champan army, such that it is, does manage to drive away the Vientiane.

March 22, 1544 - Ayutthaya attacks me in Phuket in a major way. The entire Ayutthayan army - 25876 infantry and 821 calvary attack my 7000 calvary and 3000 infantry.

March 26, 1544 - Arrival of 3000 infantry from Perak catch Ayutthaya in a pincer movement that decreases their morale. They run away to regroup. They'll be back, I am sure.

I send colonists off to Palakimedi.

March 29, 1544 - Ayutthaya offers us 200 ducats for peace. I laugh it off and continue building soldiers.

July 30, 1544 - Palakimedi expands.

January 2, 1545 - I send colonists to Palakimedi.

Janaury 30, 1545 - Our Economic Advisor leads us to an Exceptional Year. Inflation goes down 5% and we get 100 ducats.

May 6, 1545 - Palakimedi expands and more settlers ship out from Bali to colonize the province.

May 7, 1545 - Spain proclaiemd themselves Defender of the Faith for Catholicism.

June 6, 1545 - We capture Irrawady from Ayutthaya and march to Kwai.

June 25, 1545 - Taungu and Vientiane offer us a white peace and I accept. I move all of my armies to Phuket, from where I wall assault Bangkok - the capital of Ayutthaya.

July 12, 1545 - I order my army into Bangkok.

August 4, 1545 - 21000 Mataram soldiers attack 26000 Ayutthayan soldiers. It's a battle that could decide a war.

August 20, 1545 - We defeat Ayutthaya in Bangkok and lay siege to the city.

October 8, 1545 - Palakimedi expands. More settlers set sail.

October 20, 1545 - I invite Orissa into our alliance again. They accept.

January 1, 1546 - A new Monarch, Pengeran Sultan Prawata has taken over Mataram after the death of his predecessor. Pengeran is good in diplomacy, poor in adminstration and average in war.

February 13, 1546 - Palakimedi expands and now has over 700 colonists making it a full city.

Palakimedi:

738 colonists make 19 ducats annually in the spice trade. They also send 15 to the Ganges Center of Trade.

June 8, 1546 - Colonists bound for Colombo leave Bali.

September 6, 1546 - We take Bangkok. I order our army into Phuket. We are getting a war weary populace and we need to take Phuket now, not later. Damn the attrition.

September 8, 1546 - I just received an interesting peace offer from Ayutthaya. Irrawady and Kwai. Not Phuket, but Kwai.

Wow. Phuket has only strategic importance to me, not economic.

Ok, Ayutthaya. I'll take your deal and take Kwai and Irrawady.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote